49.

A/N: Quick reminder here. I have been seeing people from other countries comment and express views on Instagram about the Hong Kong/ China issue. And honestly, people who don't even live there or belong to that region stop trying to meddle in their politics. Even when your faves are involved, its still business concerning a country and its working. Stop giving your two cents when its not required. The only people who can say what they want to and take sides are people from Hong Kong and China. Its not only KPOP now but it has transcended into a country level affair. Be very careful of what you say on Instagram. Of course you are allowed to have views on what should be done but kindly keep them to yourself. The comments from foreigners on some of these Chinese idol's Insta posts are absolutely pathetic. Kindly don't do that.

Everyone sat in silence as Taehyung drove through the pretty fields by the bay. All of them were mingled in their own line of thoughts. Taehyung felt restless for some reason. He knew Nana was in safe hands with her father. And that Jennie was doing her job too. Then what was it that was bothering him?

As they neared the mountains, the outline of it became distinctively clear. There stood Mt Hallasan, its giant frame making it stand apart from the others. They were supposed to meet Vani there and together, seal the portal.

He set his foot on the gas pedal as they increased speed towards the destination.

He needed to be done with this as fast as he could. Taehyung just wanted to go back to Nana. It was her birthday in ten days and anytime now, her full transformation would start. He needed to be there for her and the only way was to put an end to James once and for all.

———•••———

"APPA", I yelled as the man fazed out with the phone in his hand. "WHAT! JIMIN OPPA.. WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?"

Jin snapped out as he heard Nana yell at him. Jimin. His son. He was in danger.

"Nothing.. Nana.. nothing will happen to him. I am going to Busan right now. And I am going to make sure he is okay"

"I am coming with you.. I want to go", my lips quivered as I said that, the thought of something formidable happening with him. I knew what those sickly demons were capable of and right now my mind had stopped processing things in fear of Jimin's life.

"NO. NANA NO. Stay here. You are not coming. You cannot reenter this establishment if you leave and I am not going to risk that. Be right here", Jin warned.

"APPA, JIMIN's LIFE IS IN DANGER AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE HE IS OKAY"

"Not at the cost of your own life", his voice turned deep and stern. "Please Nana. Don't do anything against what I say. You will stay right here and don't even think about leaving"

"Appa—"

"Not now", with that he immediately made a dash outside the door. The moment he crossed it, a gleam of red wave spread, allowing him to pass as I watched on helplessly, tears welling up in my eyes.

———•••———

Unsure of what to do, I sat in the living room for hours at a stretch. Occasionally I would peep outside the window to check for any unusual activity. Appa didn't call nor did Taehyung. Both their phones couldn't be accessed. Now the movie was just rolling in the background and I was staring at the screen, spacing out as all sorts of thoughts clouded my mind.

The thought of grandpa popped in my mind. So I picked my cell phone and called him.

No one answered but this didn't scare me. First, because Grandpa was low on hearing and he couldn't hear his phone ringing most of the times. Second, even if he heard it, it took him ages to figure out who the caller was and swipe on the screen to take the call. And third, he was with Jennie and I had full faith in her. Taehyung said no one fought like Jennie. So, I knew she was protecting grandpa well.