Chapter 1

"Oh my gosh. Guess what?" Scarlett asked. She didn't even wait for me to remove my headphone before she shoved the object off my head, almost whacking me in the process.

        She gave me a sheepish smile, probably seeing the heated glare on my face. Soon her brilliant-coated eyes lit up—me forgotten.

        "It's Aaiden Airheart!"

         I battled my eyelashes not exactly sure how I should even response to hearing his name for the millionth time since I'd arrived this morning. Here in the lovely state of California, Elite University's very own "Aaiden Airheart" is apparently the hottest guy on campus. According to the student body (mostly the hyperactive girls) his dark chocolate irises could melt any girl's heart with a flick of his eyes and his lean, sculpted body could put any guy to shame. Add in a well-respected family background, some piercings, and the to-die-for killer motorcycle, he's every girl's wet dream. Well, almost every girl. To me, he's just a walking cliché waiting to explode.

        "And?"

        She rolled her eyes at me, shoving me lightly on the shoulders. "Oh come on, Aubrey! You're like the only girl on campus that doesn't want our beloved Aaiden Airheart."

        "Stop saying his full name." I twisted my body away from her, more preoccupied with my headphone that my so-called best friend decided to toss aside. "He's not some celebrity."

        "He is too!" she defended, rolling my chair back around. Her eyes were ablaze, clearly lost in deep infatuation with the guy. "He's so effing hot!"

        "Uh huh."

        She bit her lips, blowing out an audible sigh. "Fine. I guess after a year with you, I should've known you wouldn't fall for him. But anyways—" She flipped her long black hair to the side, "—back to what I was saying before! It's almost here!"

        "Oh come on," I grumbled out, as I felt the headache forming already. I was hoping that the stupid tradition wouldn't happen this year. "Not that again."

        "Yes that!" she said, clapping her hands together. The dang girl couldn't stop bouncing all over the place, moving from one spot to the next. "And Aaiden is being auctioned off this year!"

        "You've got to be shitting me." No wonder why I couldn't stop hearing his name everywhere this morning. After a nice relaxing weekend at home, I'd to come back to this monstrosity.

        "Nope! I'm so going—"

        I drowned the rest of her sentence out, knowing exactly what she was going on about. Every year since the great fraternity was created back in the nineties, Alpha Sigma Phi continued hosting the annual auction at our college. Each year they have a 'special prize' to be auctioned off to the students, and that special prize is picked from a drawing. Because of this auction, Alpha Sigma Phi has always been known as the one fraternity that donates half a million dollars in funds to three different charities of their choosing.

        The winner of said prize gets to do whatever she (or he if you're into that) wants. Pretty much the 'guy' will be your personal slave for a whole month. You can order him to do your homework, clean your room, buy you expensive gifts, or in some cases make-out with you in public. Basically there's no rules. The sky's the limit, so, anything goes.

         Last year, Elle Anderson won, and let's just say she made the guy her personal sex slave. Of course with her looks—big boobs, large butt, and the typical blonde, blue-eyed beauty, the guy wasn't complaining. I heard after the whole month was over, the guy confessed his undying love for her, and they'd been going out ever since.

        And this is where the second part of our so-called great tradition comes in. There's a known curse, or luck—whatever you want to call it—that the winner of the special prize always ends up with her prize at the end of the thirty-day period. So, I guess in a way I can see why Scarlett is so animated this year. Her little crush is finally being auctioned off, and knowing the fact that every single female is so in love with their so-called heartthrob, they're probably dying to get their hands on him.

        From what'd gathered—well mostly heard from Scarlett—was that Aaiden doesn't date, at all. He doesn't do flings, hookups, or the occasional make out session some potential slut is willing to give him. But I guess that's all about to change, because knowing the female population at Elite University, there's no question about it that whoever wins him will do whatever it takes to get the ultimate guy to fall for her.

       "—Aubrey!"

        I blinked, coming back to reality, seeing Scarlett waving her hands frantically in front of my face. "Huh?"

        She narrowed her eyes at me. "Were you even listening to me!?"

        "Ah...of course I was!" I laughed, picking at my hair. "Good luck with the auction. I hope you win," I told her with a smile, making sure to please her. That girl can be the sweetest girl you'll ever meet but tune her out, and you'll be wishing you hadn't.

        "You don't need luck on your side when you're the daughter of the Cunningham's family." She winked, waving her new phone in my face.

        I chuckled knowing exactly what she's going to do. Next to the Airheart's and the Erhardt's family, the Cunningham's is the third most richest family in America to have their daughter or son enrolled in Elite University. I guess that's why they decided to room the families' daughters together, hoping they'll be the best of friends. And unfortunately, that makes me the only heir to the Erhardt's fortune—something I'd always hated.

Welcome to my new story :D Please comment and vote if you're enjoying the story so far! It would me a lot to me if you help support my new journey <3 <3