Chapter Twenty Four

I wake up encased in a bundle of warmth and a familiar smell.

How did I get in Marcello's room again?

I yawn, attempting to stretch, but am stopped when I'm pulled closer into a chest. I roll my eyes when I catch sight of Marcello's sleeping face.

He doesn't have to sleep in the bed with me. He can take the ground. Or maybe the couch. Though this is his room, I feel the need to have it as my territory.

I snort to myself. Who am I kidding? This isn't even my house.

With that, I break into a hysterical fit of laughter.

A groan sounds beside me, followed by a string of muttering. Marcello frowns in his sleep, pulling me closer, if possible, and suffocating me in the process.

I try to wack my hand at his chest, but find that I can't due to my arms being squished against my own body in his tight hold.

"Marcello." I snap loudly.

He mutters, shifting to his back and pulling me along with him. Now sprawled out on his chest, I groan. Bad idea.

My cheek is shoved against his chest, along with my own chest, and hands.

"Marcello." I attempt to say, but it comes out sounding weird. My ability to speak is altered by the way my face is shoved up against him.

Talk about awkward.

"Marcello." I say louder, not caring if I get slober on him at this point.

"What?" He groans irritadely.

"I'm having a hard time breathing because you're squeezing me like a freaking ginormous snake." My words come out disfigured, but he still seems to understand me when he loosens his hold on me.

I try to wiggle out of his arms, but he makes a noise of disagreement and tightens his hold.

Now I'm back where I started.

"Let gooo." I whine, pouting against his chest.

"Nuh uh." He mutters with his eyes still shut.

"Yes." I say firmly, causing him to peek an eye open.

He looks at me for a second, then closes his eyes and shake his head, "No."

I glare at him, then sigh. "Fine, I'll stay. But only if you don't squeeze me to death. I'd like to be able to breathe."

He mutters incoherently, but still loosens his arms.

Much better.

I'll just wait until he's asleep again and try to get away. He doesn't seem too far away from it, with the way he's acting right now.

I think I like playful, sleepy Marcello a lot more that serious, conscious Marcello.

He's adorable right now, with his little pout and eyelashes brushing against his high cheekbones.

I decide to relax, allowing his embrace to comfort rather than bother me.

It's actually nice now that I'm not struggling against him.

His bare chest radiates a comfortable warmth, as does his arms, and the rythym of his breathing pulls me to a comfortable state. Staring at his beautiful features is possibly the most enjoyable experience I've had for a while.

I resist the urge to trace his jawline, but realize that he already thinks I'm crazy. Might as well prove my sanity to be nonexistent at this point.

I reach my hand up to light touch his face. My finger travels over his cheekbones, eyebrows, and jaw repeatedly.

When his eyes flutter open, I suppress the gasp that wants to escape my mouth.

"What're you doing?" He asks, but I continue tracing patterns on his cheeks.

"Touching your face. Obviously." I roll my eyes, focusing all my attention on what my fingers are doing.

His hand wraps around my wrist, and he brings my index finger to his mouth, biting it softly.

I glare at him, "What're you doing."

He shrugs the best he can laying down, "Your finger was in my face, so it's my territory."

I gasp dramatically, "How dare you use my own words against me!"

"That's just how the game works." He replies nonchalantly, releasing my hand.

"No, that's against the rules, though. You, my friend, have broken the rules of the game. You shall be punished." I announce, already thinking about how I'll give him a hard time for the rest of the week.

"I always break the rules. It's not anything new." He raises an eyebrow.

"Its new in this game. Breaking the rules is something that's not often done because the consequences are unforgiving." I threaten, giving him a smirk that's reserved for micheif.

"I'll be waiting for those consequences then." He replies, sitting up, with me still laying on his chest.

I squeak out an insult as I feel myself being lifted with him.

Once he's fully sitting up, the position I've been put in has me scowling.

My legs wrap around his waist, my arms place on his chest as he still holds me to him.

"Not cool." I scold, slapping his chest.

"What? I was just sitting up." He replies innocently.

"You really are the most annoying person on this earth." I scoff, glaring at him.

"Oh. I thought that was you?" He retorts, causing me to gasp dramatically.

"I'd argue, but I can't find any valid points to go against that." I comment, pouting.

The sound of a doorbell sounds, breaking the playful moment.

Marcello's face goes hard, the teasing smile gone from his lips.

"What's wrong? Who's that?" I ask curiously, wanting to know why he's in such a bad mood now.

"I don't know." Is his response, making me want to roll my eyes and snap at him, but I don't think he'd appreciate that too much right now.

I squeak in surprise as he stands, my legs still wrapped around him.

That was a much more intimate position than I realized.

I wrap my arms around his neck so I don't fall.

I'm not given the chance to get off of him as he begins walking.

"Uh, you do realize that I'm still here, right?" I ask nervously.

He makes a sound similar to a laugh, "Yeah, I know you're still there."

"So, um, why am I still here?" I continue my questioning.

"Because I want you to be. Now be quiet." He snaps, effectively silencing me.

His words cause my heart to skip a beat, even though he didn't mean anything by them. But they still had me smiling like an idiot as we walked through the hall.