eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT,
delirium

   A WINCE OF pain left Samantha as Shane brought the wet cloth down onto her wounds

A WINCE OF pain left Samantha as Shane brought the wet cloth down onto her wounds. He was being a little rough about it but she couldn't blame him, his mind being elsewhere, his eyes clouded with thought and lingering anger. She couldn't decide if he was more angry with her, or more angry with Ed.

"What the hell was that?" Shane questioned, his coal colored eyes snapping towards hers, and that's when she figured out her answer.

Samantha bit her lip. She tasted blood. "He beats his family." She responded, which was literally the only logical answer there is.

Shane frowned. "I get that, after what happened-"

Her eyes narrowed, a flash of anger burning through them. "Don't." She warned, her own little storm brewing at the thought of her ex, the man that has been in her dreams - her inner demons.

"I'm just trying to say that I understand how you feel-"

Samantha shrugged the wet rag from her face, her face contorting.

"Clearly you don't," She fired back, rubbing her head. "You raised me to be a fighter, Shane. Not to watch and be some pathetic bystander."

"I didn't raise you to be stupid!"

His little sister begun to laugh sarcastically. "Don't get me started on you and the stupid shit you've done," She was losing control of her tongue. "You basically bring all the stupid shit with you, big brother."

Samantha's words brought silence into the RV, tension and guilt hanging in the air, and she could see it all in the darkness of his eyes that was Shane Walsh. He set the bloodied rag in the sink, leaning against it to face her, his mouth dry and his heart heavy. "I really did hurt him, huh?" His statement made his hand rub his head.

She nodded, but there was clear understanding behind her greens. Ed deserved every punch and every bruise that her brother gave him. "You almost killed him," She informed. "But he deserved it, he deserved to bleed." The ebony haired girl remembered how animalistic Shane looked, and that was the only thing that brought uneasiness to her stomach.

Shane's expression almost went as dark as his eyes. "I wanted to kill him," He admitted. "I should've. Sophia and Carol don't deserve that, and then when I saw what he did to you I wanted to-"

"Shane," Samantha's soft voice brought him out of it, a frown resting on her lips as worry coursed through her. The erratic look in his eyes completely caught her off guard, as if something shifted in him and he was slowly starting to unwind - but maybe that was because of his protection of his baby sister. "He deserved it, you don't need to find forgiveness for anything."