Part 4

This morning you woke up extra early. For the first time in your life, you didn't hit that snooze button on your alarm when it went off.

There's no way I'm going to be late for work today! You told yourself, motivating you to leave the comfort of your warm bed. 

You don't usually allow yourself this much time to get ready in the morning before work...

but this morning was different. 

Taking your sweet time, you showered, dried your hair into soft curls and put on some light makeup. 

You ironed all of the creases out of your cafe uniform and changed into your work outfit, picking out your favorite pair of sneakers to match.

Finally satisfied with the end result as you checked yourself out in front of your full-length mirror, you fired yourself a quick wink before grabbing your bag and heading out the door. 

It wasn't until you'd reached the ground floor of your apartment complex that you realized it was pouring down with rain. 

Heck

Of all the days...

Forgetting just how unfit you are, you sprinted the entire three flights of stairs back up to your apartment and burst through the door. 

Wheezing slightly from your intense cardio work-out just moments before, you swiftly grabbed an umbrella and wrapped an over-sized scarf around your neck. 

You were careful in making sure to tuck all the loose bits of hair into the scarf in the hopes of saving it from getting completely ruined by the rain after all that effort.

Satisfied once more, you spun around, slamming your apartment door behind you. 

For the whole morning leading up to your arrival at work, you had an uneasy feeling of butterflies swirling around your stomach, which you couldn't seem to figure out. 

Today was probably going to be just another average day at work, without anything significant happening, so it seemed pointless working yourself up over nothing... 

But that logic wasn't doing anything for your fluttering heart which was telling you otherwise. 

-

Walking into the cafe, you were met by Ji-eun who was just opening up the shop. 

"Wow, you're here early today!" She looked at you in disbelief. "I don't think I've ever seen you come into work this early before!"

Unwrapping the scarf from around your neck, and letting your hair fall down into their soft curls you flashed an awkward smile in Ji-euns direction. 

"I-I'm really not that early... Is it really that big of a deal?-"

"Yah! And you've actually put effort into looking pretty this morning!" She shouted, walking over to you and tugging at your curls. Her expression suddenly changed as she squinted up and down your body. "Don't tell me..."

"D-don't tell you what??" Hoping your voice hadn't deceived you, you stood there with a nervous smile still spread across your face. 

"Don't tell me you got all dressed up and came into work early for someone special!" Ji-eun fired back as she flicked you across the forehead.

"OW! YAH! D-don't be ridiculous!" You yelled back, fumbling for your words and internally cursing yourself.

Is it really that obvious? 

You pouted, as you walked to the back of the shop to drop your bag down, preparing for the start of your shift. 

Watching the clock all morning as the seconds and minutes slowly dragged past, you waited in anticipation as the time drew closer.