Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Lienna

Wisteria looked at me all morning. Expressionlessly, which made it strange, and ceaselessly, which made me scared. She was always with Thor, who held her lovingly and protectively as if she were a priceless item he could never replace. My heart soared whenever I looked at Thor. It was quite precious to see the light in his eyes finally return. However, I was equally unnerved by Ria's empty gaze.

For that reason, I stayed close to Loki. Whatever awkwardness between him and I had dissolved when I said those three words yesterday. We were nearly inseperable, which caused Frigga to send me wide smiles and winks.

In the midst of all this, I had nearly forgotten the comatose nightmares.

Ria's gaze had suddenly turned into a piercing glare. Maybe it was my imagination, but it still set off my instincts.

Thankfully, Loki noticed. "Do you want to go for a ride? You seem a bit stiff."

I nodded. A ride seemed perfect.

Soon, we had escaped Wisteria's strange glances on the backs of Asgard's best horses.

Loki and I rode for a while in deep silence, which left me to contemplate what happened.

Loki spoke up finally. "Wisteria. Does she seem strange to you?"

"At the beginning, no. However, she is a farm girl who has never seen royalty or been pampered like this before," I replied. "She could just be not used to high living."

"That could be it..." Loki sat quietly. I could tell he didn't believe that that was the cause of her behavior.

I didn't believe it either.

××××××