Chapter 7

(3rd Person)

It was the day of the duel, (Y/N) stood in the waiting room of the theatre now turned battle area with his arms crossed, eyes closed and taking deep breaths. He was mentally preparing himself for this considering even though he knew this wasn't her, Francine still had both the face and the attitude of Asia.

Just as he took another deep breath, the door opened behind him, he hummed in curiosity but didn't turn. He heard footsteps approaching him from behind, the heels of the shoes clacking against the floor.

???: I know of the difference in power.

Phillip's voice was heard from behind (Y/N).

Phillip: And, I know why you would challenge my daughter to a duel, while I'm confident my daughter can fight in the arena, I ask you do not harm her in any way, she is the only family I have left. If anything were to happen to her, I wouldn't be able to tolerate your presence in Heaven False Devil.

(Y/N): Oh well, I can't exactly stand most people I meet these days anyway. It'd be no different than if I didn't hurt her. I'm fighting your daughter and if she ends up getting hurt, go cry about it somewhere else, you can't exactly threaten me with weak promises like that. Sure, you're a noble in Heaven, but at the end of the day, that means nothing to me. You try something just because I hurt your daughter and I'll make sure you will be begging to become a fallen instead of being trapped up here with me.

Phillip flinched at that, nodding nervously before quickly making his exit to escape the glaring (Y/N). Just as (Y/N) was starting to do his stretches, he had another visitor, another angel, although this one has more authority.

Gabriel: This isn't a wise move False Devil...

(Y/N): Maybe not, but, it's been said and done, nothing we can do about it now. If we cancelled the match, I would just ask for another until I get what I want, you'd be hurting the trust between devils and angels since the devils approved of this, you can't afford to start a war within this one, right?

Gabriel: Yes, quite a cruel way of forcing our hand if I must say.

(Y/N): And? Is that supposed to make me feel regret and that I should personally cancel this battle?

Gabriel: If it were you, our trust with the devils wouldn't falter, after all, one of their own is the one calling this match off, not an official from Heaven such as myself or Lord Michael. Plus, using my divine authority for something so selfish is a sin in itself, there's a possibility that I could become a fallen myself.

(Y/N): Oh well...

Gabriel: Oh well? That's all you have to say? You truly are a cruel individual, caring about no one but yourself...

(Y/N): Look, is this going to turn into a lecture about how cruel or selfish I am? If you think this will be some moment where I regret my decision, forget it, I've already accepted how badly my reputation is going to be after this, I don't care for stuff like that. I do what I want, not even Sirzechs or Michael can have a say in it.

Gabriel: I see... I must admire your determination at least, if only we had known about you before the fallen angels had never found you and Asia.

(Y/N): Heh, let's get one thing straight: I hate devils, fallen angels are close to becoming something I hate too, as for angels, you've already been on my shitlist for a while.

Gabriel: Why pray tell?

(Y/N): The same year I lost my family in the orphanage, you guys cast Asia out. Only because she healed a devil... isn't it a nun's job to protect and heal any who seem lost and hurt? What difference does it make that they're a devil? Your Lord was so cruel as to cast her out just because she had done what everyone else would see as a good deed, the only reason why it wasn't was because the recipient was a devil, you cast her out because she was doing what she thought was right.