1: This is My Life Now

•banner by AlinaLopez2 , author of Bullied, the spinoff about Dylan

WARNING: a bit of ABUSE IN THIS, not much.

-

~Mikayla's p

~Mikayla's p.o.v.~

Three years.

It's been three years since my life took a painful downward-spiral. I was so happy with my life then. I had all I could ask for. The best friend, the most loving and best parents in the world, all in all my life was perfect when you compare it to the life I have now.

In my freshman year of high school, my life took a turn for the worst. My best friend just stopped talking to me, family troubles arose, and I faced problems on my own. And I'd do anything to have the smallest of a grasp of the life I had before.

Eventually I had to stop living in the past, so I made a new best friend, was lucky enough to snag myself a boyfriend on the way, and picked up my grades that had gone down along with my past. But of course, you can never fix everything. My home life would never have been the same, I knew that, and I had overcome those problems with myself that came along with the things that had gone on a while ago.

This is my life now.

-

I slammed my hand down on the button of my alarm clock before Rebecca Black's voice can begin belting: 'Its Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday . . . ' . Groaning, I reluctantly get out of bed.

Here's a piece of advice: If you want to make sure you get up in the morning, pick the most loud or annoying song you know and put the alarm clock across the room. Every night I set a new song on the clock.

Jumping, I almost had a heart attack when I heard a screeching sound that sent shivers to run along my spine. I ran to my window to see my father's car just turning the corner and out of sight. Doing my happy dance, I got the shampoo and conditioner I bought with the money I get from my job and I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower and put on my music from my phone.

Once in the bathroom, I stripped off the clothes from yesterday - I don't really have pajamas - and hop in the shower.

***

Singing along to 'Counting Stars' by One Republic, I heard the front door slam shut. I quickly shut off the water, jumped out of the shower, and put my music on mute. My heart was beating faster than a cheetah can run in one minute. Oh my god, what if it was my father and he had heard me? I'm going to be in big trouble. My father doesn't want me here - when he does, he needs something - but I sleep here because I think my best friend, Alyssa, would start to wonder why I sleep over her house all the time or why I never come home, so I just come here around eight p.m. when my father is passed out drunk and wake up at six a.m., when he leaves for work. I do all my homework either at the park or my schools library. The only times he isn't here is on the weekends or when there's no work for him the next day.