9 Months Later- 22

TO MY READERS,

I want to apologize for my very long absence from writing, I was dealing with a few things in life that needed my complete and total attention. The entire time I wasn’t writing I thought about it and I’ve come up with so many new ideas for this story along with my other stories. I hope everyone enjoys this new chapter. Once again I’m sorry for the wait.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Are you sure it’s safe to go out?” I questioned Damon. “I don’t mind wearing your clothes all day.” I said with a small smile as I rolled even closer into his side.

Damon turned to look at me and kissed my forehead. “I would not have suggested it if it was not safe. We’ll have a few of my associates with us to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Collette you deserve this, after everything you’ve been through I feel that a day to just unwind and relax is what you need. Besides Lena could use some things as well at the rate she’s growing.”

I smiled at the mention of my precious little girl. It was such a relief to be here with Damon and Lena itself. I couldn’t ask for anything else. Damon and his entire family were looking out for us and protecting us at their expense.

“She is getting quite big isn’t she?” I said as I started to get out of bed.

“Yes, I can’t believe how much she’s grown over the past few years.” Damon said as he stretched out in the huge bed.

“I still can’t believe she’s two. She’s walking and talking, it’s amazing.” I said as I started to rummage through my bags I had brought from Vince’s home. I pulled out a light pair of gray jeggings and a long black tunic.

“I’ll be ready to go in a few minutes.” I said walking over to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face first. After that I put on some light makeup. I dressed and took one last look in the mirror before I walked out. I looked older than I had before all of this, but I also felt that I looked stronger, more able to take on difficult challenges. In a way I guess I was. I made my way to the door and walked into the bedroom.

“I’ll meet you in the kitchen, Dante should be down their too.” Damon called from the closet. I walked out of our room and across the hall to Lena’s room. She was awake and playing with the two stuffed animals I had left in her crib. She turned her head when she heard the door close.

“Mommy!” She said excitedly, throwing her toys to the side and standing up extending her arms into the air to be picked up.

“I love you.” I said as I picked her up out of her crib. “Are you ready to get dressed?” I asked as I put her on the floor.

“No. No dress.” She said. “Lena it’s time to get dressed and go downstairs.” I said as I rummaged through the small selection of clothes in her drawers.

“NO DRESS MOMMY.” She screamed at me. “NO DRESS! NO DRESS!” She started screaming and tears were forming in her eyes.

I was shocked, it was rare that Lena had a tantrum, but then again she’s getting older, I thought to myself.

“Do you want to wear your jammies still?” I asked as I bent down to be at her eye level.

“Wear jammies mommy, jammies.” She said starting to calm down.

“That’s fine, you can wear your jammies still.” I said as I stood up.

“Are you hungry? Do you want some breakfast?” I asked Lena as we started heading for the door.