Under Control

"Come on, Jer. We're going to school. Walking out the door now." I stated loudly up towards the stairs. Elena walked right behind me as I opened the front door and rose an eyebrow at who stood on the other side, lowering a hand that was about to knock.

"Mariana. Elena." John stated as he looked over us with a smile.

"Uncle John." I replied, exchanging a concerning look with Elena as Jenna came over to the door also.

"Jenna." John greeted, looking at her as she walked down the hall from the kitchen and folded her arms over her chest.

"John. You made it." Jenna replied in a cold tone full of disinterest.

"I said I'd be in by noon." John pointed out, eyeing her curiously and I sighed at the two while he walked into the house.

"Oh, what you say and what you do are usually two very different things." Jenna countered sarcastically as Jeremy finally came down the stairs and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Uncle John. What's up?" Jer asked, eyeing him before patting him on the shoulder and walking out of the house past Elena and I.

"Hey." John replied in slight confusion as he watched Jeremy leave before turning back to the three of us girls. "I had some business in town, I thought a visit was in order." He added with a shrug and I saw Jenna's face turn sour.

"How long are you staying?" I asked, raising my eyebrow as if to change the subject and John shrugged.

"I don't know, yet." He answered and I looked at Elena in urgency.

"Okay.. Well, we're gonna go to school. See you later." Elena stated bluntly, thankfully coming to the rescue. I nodded at her in thanks before we walked out of the house quickly, leaving Jenna with the devil himself.
~~~~

"He said his trip is opened-ended." I stated in annoyance as I stood at Matt's locker with him.

"Uncle John.. I never really liked that guy." Matt pointed out while he shoved books into his bag and I slowly nodded.

"I don't think anyone does." I countered in amusement and Matt laughed, shaking his head.

"I am here for moral support if you need me." Matt reassured with a smile and I slowly nodded at him.

"Thanks, but I think I'll suffer this one alone." I replied, eyeing him closely. "You've been through enough." I added softly, which made him sigh in return.

"Thank you, by the way.. For everything that you did at Vicki's funeral and memorial—I couldn't have done it without you." Matt informed and I smiled, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Of course." I replied, rubbing his shoulder reassuringly before I smirked and dropped my arm. "Is Care still cooking for you guys, around the clock?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him in amusement and he chuckled.

"Well, she finally went to her dads and it's a good thing. My mom was going to strangle her if she dropped off more lasagna." Matt answered  and I chuckled as he closed his locker. "Do you wanna hangout after school? Me, you and Ty could do something? Play basketball? It's not too cold for that, yet." He suggested and I slowly sighed as we started walking down the hall together but stopped beside Alaric's classroom.

"I can't. I have to go home to see what John actually wants." I stated in defeat and he nodded back at me. "I'll see you at lunch though, okay?" I asked with a smile and he nodded in agreement before walking to his class also. "You wanted to see me?" I asked, walking into Alaric's classroom while he sat behind his desk before he got up and walked over to me.