010. a chase sequence

› CHAPTER TEN ‹

› CHAPTER TEN ‹

Raleigh met Peter on the neighbor's roof and Peter explained about a huge blast that appeared in the distance. Just when he was working to point in the direction he had seen it, another explosion detonated in the same vicinity. It was exactly as Peter had described it. It was a bright blue hue that erupted past the trees and buildings. The sound took a few seconds to reach their ears but when it did, it sounded like thunder cracking. Whatever it was, it was definitely not normal and couldn't be safe in the slightest.

"Okay," Raleigh nodded. It was more to himself than anything. He stripped himself of his normal clothes. "Okay, we should go."

Peter was already jumping from the roof, leaving Raleigh to urgently run after him. Throwing his last shoe behind him and planting the mask onto his face, he followed suit. With a sure breath, he jumped off the roof and glided through the air for a short moment. He crashed into the neighbor's garden, accidentally crushing the previously beautiful daisies.

Spitting out the dirt from his mouth, he jumped back to his feet and chased after Peter.

With Peter swinging from tree to roof and Raleigh running after him, it was obvious who had the convenient ability compared to the two... So Raleigh couldn't help but laugh wildly when Peter suddenly stopped. It seemed the Spider-Man had met his match—an area that was bare of anything he could swing on.

Raleigh didn't slow down for Peter as he passed him, causing Peter to chase Raleigh while crying about the terrible occurrence. His whining ended abruptly when the golfing arena came to an end and trees and building approached again. Relieved and happy, Peter shot his web to a nearby tree and started to pull himself towards it, and on his way, he grabbed Raleigh's wrist, hauling him along.

"A little warning would be good next time!" Raleigh hissed at Peter. Peter sneered under the mask.

Another blast went off under an abandoned highway bridge, and Peter cautiously and silently swung with Raleigh towards it. He grabbed onto the side of the bridge and carefully lowered Raleigh down below him behind the pillar wall.

"Okay, okay. I got what you need, all right?" One of the men, the seller with a beard and a beanie, said. "I got tons of great stuff here. One second."

He approached the back of an open van and fumbled with the different trinkets in there. From where Raleigh stood, he couldn't exactly tell what he had hidden in there, but he knew that at least one of them created multicolored explosions.

"Okay, I got black hole grenades, Chitauri railguns..." The seller listed off, and Raleigh became tense after hearing what the man was saying. Chitauri? Raleigh had no idea how they got their hands on those since the government had been the one to clean that mess up a long time ago, and a part of him feared what that railgun could do considering how dangerous the Chitauri were.