5| Nitric Acid and Rubbing Alcohol Just Don't Mix

REVENGE was on my mind right when I woke up on Monday

REVENGE was on my mind right when I woke up on Monday. Getting ready for school, all I could think about was how I was going to get Noah back for dumping my delicious milkshake all over my head. I mean, I had only pushed him in a pool, which was a totally rational thing to do. But only psychos wasted perfectly good milkshakes.

Noah Locke was going down.

I was driving and pulled over in front of Gracie's house to pick her up. She could drive, yes, but it was so easy for me to pick her up as she lived 5 minutes from my house. She walked out of her house, her jet black hair tied back into a high ponytail, wearing a pair of jean shorts and a checkered flannel. She hopped in my car and grinned, but her expression immediately changed.

"Oh no," she said. "You have the vengeance look on your face. That cannot be good."

"Trust me, it isn't," I agreed, then starting to drive again.

"Is this about the milkshake incident you ranted to me about for a full 30 minutes on the phone yesterday?" Gracie asked.

"Yes, it is."

She sighed. "Noah Locke is going to die, isn't he?"

"Death would be too easy of an escape for him," I told her. "So no, I'm not going to kill him. Yet."

"Well this isn't good," Gracie said, pulling out her phone and starting to type viciously.

"What are you doing?" I asked, skeptical of her incessant typing.

"I am warning anyone who might need to be warned that Logan Pierce is out for retaliation, and to be extra cautious around her," she said, smiling at me innocently. I rolled my eyes and focused on the road.

5 minutes later, I pulled into the senior parking lot and parked in my usual spot. Gracie and I both got out of my car and started our short walk towards the school. Upon entering, we were greeted by a nervous-looking Jeremy.

"Good morning lovely ladies!" He exclaimed, and then looked at me and took a step towards Gracie, whispering to her, "Is she going to murder anyone today?"

"I'm literally right here," I said, and Jeremy looked at me apologetically.

"She's not murdering anyone because apparently that's 'too easy of an escape'. But she might just rip someone's dick off."

"Well damn," Jeremy muttered. "Violent."

"I never said anything about dicks!" I explained, and we started walking down the halls. "But I am going to make Noah pay for wasting my milkshake. And by the way, you now owe me another milkshake!"

"What? How does that work?!" Jeremy asked.

"Because, indirectly, you were actually the one who poured a milkshake on my head and wasted it," I told him, and his face was filled with disbelief. He looked towards Gracie as if to say 'that doesn't make sense, does it?'