Chapter 30

Two Months Later...

"Nevaeh! Can you please come here. What have you done with this month's salary allotment. I don't see any potential in recruiting new ones." Edla mam's concerned voice reached my ears and I instantly drop my pen and head towards her. I was busy reviewing the future prospects and analysing the measures to cut down the expenses for this fall. Which includes listing down things which we can cheaply avail. Raw materials we could fetch, transportation costs, fees, taxes levied..paid.

"I have summarised the current capabilities and have concluded that we need infusion of new talent." Edla mam's shakes her head at me. Her tightly clipped bun didn't move an inch while her diamond studs glowed under the afternoon light in Berlin.

"You know the coming months will be challenging , it won't be feasible for us to be reckless with the money. We need to invest our best in making the dresses."

"And selling them as well. Mam, I think it's extremely necessary for us to take this step. I know it will be piling on our costs but I am looking for prospectives to balance it. New staff, fresh pleasing faces..with adequately convincing skills are a must. We need to be practical here" Her blue eyes stare at mine questioning  while I try my best to reassure.

"I will try this one once  Neveah. Speaking of which I have something very important to inform you all. Just ask everyone to gather here..could you dear?"

"Of course." I head out and immediately call everyone. Gabriel was busy talking to a customer while the others followed my suit.

I find Elda Mam busily conversing on phone and seeing us approaching She immediately cuts the call.

"Okay. I have got my invite for the Victoria Bean's fashion runway the coming week and I'm afraid I have to leave to attend the Paris Fashion week. This means that I will be closing the boutique for two whole months." The staff nod at her, their faces were stitched seriously, while I frown.

"Mam, we surely can run the boutique in you absence if that's not a problem for you" shutting  the boutique just because of her absence wouldn't be profitable for her business.

"You surely could Sweety but I will be running Konglich in Paris for two months. It's a customary thing and all my designer pieces will be displayed there. It a promotional stunt I have been following since the very same year this business started and it's been quite advantageous. The growth escalated" she gives me a smile and I reciprocate it.

"This means that you all will be temporarily unemployed. You all can always work in my close friend Katrina's animal shed but you have to compromise with your pay. All the best guys and I will be meeting you after two months. I have my flight tomorrow . So please start packing the exclusive dresses for the premiere. I'll have someone transport it tonight." I sigh two months. It's already September now and my online classes have started a week back. We all immediately start dispersing and I get back to my work. Just then I feel Olivia approaching me. I smile her way.

"You know since it's the last working day today we are all planning to head to the night club after the shift. Are you in?" I run my fingers through my loosely clipped hair. These days my mood was constantly off. It's been two whole months and dad still didn't wake up. Doctors are afraid that these signs of slipping into Coma. I have been continuously on calls kept on checking on dad and trying to gather as much as information regarding the implications and consequences of what he is undergoing.

"I'll skip. I I've few works which need to be taken care of." I smoothly lie. I had nothing to do other than studying.

"Nevaeh don't you think you are keeping things extremely professional. Since the day we have known you, befriended you, there is absolutely no place we haven't asked you to tag along and there is not a single time you said yes." I massage my aching temples. Yes, they always urged me to hang out with them but the constant guilt of hiding so many things form them just made me ache in pain. Also the constant reminder that the bubble I have created for myself will only last a year always made me practical..made me unemotional.