Chapter 2

The cool breeze filled the air as the young Uchiha walked peacefully through the forest. Sasuke then reached the training grounds, a feeling of nostalgia suddenly hitting him.

Like that time Kakashi decided to make them take the bells from him as a test. Or that time Naruto actually managed to make decent shadow clones.

Or... that time. He has almost died and told Naruto about his past and actually acknowledged him. Why did he tell him?

Why did he open up to Naruto of all people?

Hn. It's not like that dobe understood anyway.

Sasuke strolled along to a tall tree with many lone golden brown leaves flowing around him. This was his favourite tree. He would never admit it, but this was his his favourite tree.

As he approached the tree, waiting for his comrades, Sasuke saw the most adorable thing ever.

A certain blonde Uzumaki was sleeping quietly underneath the radiant tree. The sunshine seeped into the tree leaves, shining through his stunning yellow locks, making his already tanned skin glow. Naruto looked so innocent, sleeping there defenceless. Sasuke looked as red as a tomato, covering his face with his hand trying to hold a nosebleed.

So... fucking c-cute... Sasuke mentally ranted to himself, No! I shouldn't feel or act this way! This is Naruto! He's a loud annoying baka!

Just as he was wiping the blood dripping off his nose, he heard a squeaky little sneeze and jumped a little.
A leaf had fallen on Naruto's nose making him sneeze. His shiny blue eyes fluttered open.

"Huh?" he mumbled drowsily. "S-Sasuke?" Naruto's face suddenly turned red.

Sasuke shot up and quickly thought of an excuse. "U-Usuratonkachi! You were sleeping when we're meant to be with the rest of the team!"

Sasuke was actually thankful for once that Sakura decided to harass him.

"Sasuke-Kun, I've been looking for you!" Sakura exclaimed as she ran up to him. "What are you doing far out here?" Sakura was wearing her red T-Shirt ninja dress. Her short unevenly cut pink hair bouncing as she ran.

Sasuke started, "Ah, well I-"

"We were just waiting here." Naruto interrupted quickly.

Sakura raised her eyebrow suspiciously but just brushed it off and changed the subject. "What a gorgeous tree! We should spend time together here more, Sasuke-Kun!" then she quickly added while fiddling with her thumbs, "a-as a team of course...!"

The raven haired boy just rolled his eyes and grunted.

As Naruto slowly stood up from the tree, a 'POOF!' sound was audible.

Kakashi appeared in front of them out of thin air, holding a copy of an Icha-Icha Paradise book. "Yo. Sorry I'm late guys, I-"

Sakura cut him off screeching like a banshee, "WE DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR LAME EXCUSES!"

Meanwhile, Naruto was too tired to join in. Sasuke took notice to this and wondered what made the dobe so exhausted.

Taken aback, Kakashi continued, "I've got a D-Ranked mission for you kids today."

Again, Naruto still didn't complain.

What is up with him? Sasuke thought.

o°o°o°o°o°o°o
Oof. What's with Naruto's unusual behaviour? What mission is Team Seven going on?
Find out in the next chapter!