28. This Is Reality

Sarai' Morgan

Sarai' Morgan

Rolling over, I stretched across the bed. My eyes opened slowly, as I felt around for Jabri. When I didn't feel him, I jumped up in a panic. "Babe?!" I called, looking around my bedroom. "Jah?!" My heart rate sped up, breathing becoming heavier by the second.

This cannot be happening.

I threw my legs over the bed, reaching over to my night stand to grab my phone. No missed calls, no text messages, not even a note. My eyes instantly began to water as I stood. Pain shot through my body, but I ignored it as I made my way to the bathroom. My phone shook in my hand as I scrolled through to reach his contact.

Why would he leave and not tell me?

When I didn't receive an answer on the second call, I broke down. This is what I was afraid of! We had a great moment last night and now that the sun is up, he's gone. "Okay, breathe breathe." I fanned myself while pacing back and forth. I closed my eyes and counted to ten in my head so that I could regulate my breathing.

"Bae? What's wrong?" His voice startled me, causing my eyes to shoot open. He stood at the bathroom door with bags in his hand and a worried expression on his face. My mouth opened but nothing came out right away. Tears continued to stroll down my face as I stared at him. He went into the room to put the bags down before coming back into the bathroom.

He pulled me into a tight hug and rubbed my back, kissing my forehead. "Calm down. Why you crying?" He asked with concern. "You- I thought that you left. Why didn't you wake me up?" I looked up at him. He wiped my tears and led me out of the bathroom. "You was sleep Rai'. I went to get breakfast...I can't cook." I laughed a little at that before frowning again. "I was having a panic attack. You should have woke me up to let me know that you would be right back." I pushed him a little.

He grabbed my hands and pulled me into him. "You gotta chill and stop thinking the worst. Stop that shit." He fussed irritably. "I-I'm sorry. I trust you but I'm just used to-" He cut me off. "I'on care what you used to Rai'. I told you I'm not these other niggas." He fussed. "Don't yell at me." I whined, rolling my eyes at him. "Don't make me yell at you then. Now calm ya nerves and eat." He handed me my bag.

"Thank you baby." I cheesed, mood changing instantly. "Yeah, uh huh." He waved me off as he prepared to eat his food. Usually, I don't eat in my bedroom but I get an exception today. My legs were sore as hell and all I wanted to do was eat and sleep. "Stop." I whined. "Rai', shut up...forreal." He grumbled as he looked over at me. I pouted and hushed as I continued to eat my food.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked sweetly. "No." He answered right away. "Then why does it sound like it?" I shot back just as quick. "I'm not mad. What I tell you last night?" He flipped the heat on me. "That you weren't leaving." My voice was soft. I sounded as if I was being scolded by my mother. Now I see how he feels when I use that tone with him.