Chapter Nine

"Find a way to get to that stupid bitch." The voice ordered as his men watched him carefully.

"Sir, the security was hard enough to breech last time. From what we have collected, security has been doubled and locks have been reset." A man answered, looking straight and stone-faced as he recited the new details regarding the result of the previous plan.

The sound of a hand coming down on a table rippled throughout the room before the owner of the voice neared the man that spoke.

"I never said it was going to be easy, figure it out." He groaned, spinning a gun around.

"Get her and make sure she's alive." The voice chuckled, "Revenge is sweetest when I can taunt him with that toy of his, not when she's dead."

•••

"Arielle, it's been too long!" The woman exclaimed pulling her into a hug that Arielle gladly returned.

"Yes, way too long." Arielle smiled, "Please come and have a seat. I'll prepare some tea and Sebastian will be down shortly I assume."

The lady nodded as she made her way too the table and sat.

As lonely as she was, she did her best to stop by and visit.

"So, how's Sebastian?" She pried, "Is he treating you well?"

Arielle paused for a moment as she turned heated the water in the kettle, "He's been nothing but sweet."

"Sweet?" She repeated as if it left a foul taste in her mouth, "You never cease to amaze me with your words, Sebastian doesn't know sweet even if he was kicked in the—"

"That's enough Mother." Sebastian spoke, "It's odd that you stop by my house this early to talk about me, isn't that enough?"

Arielle watched as she placed the tea leaves into a tea bag and tightened it by pulling on a string.

Before she could even begin steeping the tea, a peck was stolen from her lips.

"Good morning." Sebastian muttered before pulling away at the sound of his mother's voice.

"Why aren't you ever this affectionate with me?" She badgered, letting out a childish sigh.

Sebastian shrugged before leaning over to bring his mother into a side-hug.

Arielle chuckled at the sight of Sebastian uncomfortably hugging his mother who was no more that 5'1.

"Are you headed out for work?" Arielle asked, curious as to why Sebastian was already in his suit so early in the morning.

"Yea, something came up at the office." He grunted, his mood turning sour as he pulled away from his mother, "Goodbye you two. I'll see you later Ari."

"Wait!" She called out, "You don't even have time for breakfast?"

He halted at the door before sighing and turning around, "No, I really don't."

Arielle nodded and sighed.

"Oh you worry about him too much Arielle, Sebastian will be fine." His mother reassured, "He is a full grown man after all."

While his mother was right, Arielle knew that if he didn't have breakfast he probably wouldn't eat much till dinner.

She decided on packing him a lunch and bringing it to his office.

•••

With the final touches on the simple meal of a basic lunch wrap with guac, steak, and a couple other indgrediants that Arielle found around the house, she tucked it all into a metal container.