Lesson Thirty-Four

Lesson Thirty-Four - In The End It's You VS You

It was now lunch time and I was currently stabbing my fork into the food in front of me. I could people looking at me but I paid no attention to it, my annoyance and thoughts taking over everything.

"What the hell did that food ever do to you?" Asked Jake as he sat down beside me. He pulled the plate away from me earning him a glare from my ice blue eyes.

"Finally." Sighed out Sky as she threw her hands up in the air. "I wanted to pull the plate away from her for the last 10 minutes but was scared I'd get the fork stabbed in my eye."

"Have you ever had someone play mind games with you and you don't know what the hell their next step is. Then you think to yourself what if they just want you to over think, maybe they just want you overreact. Then you think oh wait that doesn't sound like something they'd do, or is it? Because they are so unpredictable."

I looked up at my two best friends after my rant to see that they were staring at me with bewildered looks on their faces. It was a few seconds before either of them spoke.

"Are you ok?" Jake raised his hand to my forehead like he was checking for my temperature. I slapped his hand away and sent him another glare.

"I just want to met the person that could mess with Lyra's head." Remarked Sky almost like she couldn't believe it. "That takes some serious skill."

Just then a tray was placed across from me and watched as my brother sat in front of me. I sent him a glare, if it wasn't for him I would be in the situation to overthink this much. It was always his fault.

"Does anyone want to tell me why my twin sister is glaring at me like she wants to murder me?" Damon looked between my two best friends who just shrugged their shoulders. My death look just intensified as I look at him.

"This is all your fault." I said a little louder than I should've. A few people had quietened down to look at us but after one look from me they quickly turned away.

My brother rolled his eyes and started to eat his burger. "You have been blaming me for everything lately. I don't even know what one this is about anymore."

"It's just your fault." I harshly snapped out under my breath but my brother took no notice of it. He just continued to eat shrugging.

"I'm just going to agree to get it over with." Damon said after chewing his food. "It seems like the easier option right now."

"Thank you." I said giving him a fake smile. "That's all I needed from you."

Finishing off his burger my brother spoke again. "Speaking of annoying things, are you just going to straight to the restaurant?"

I groaned and slammed my head down on the table. I completely forgot about that stupid reporter bitch Holly.

"Yea I guess." I said sitting back up and grabbing my plate back from Jake. I needed to take my annoyance off on something and my plate of food was better to stab than my brothers head.

"Wearing that?" Asked my brother with a pointed look.

Looking down at my outfit I was just wearing a hoody and ripped jeans and trainers. It was very causal for the restaurant we would be going to but I don't care. I wasn't going home only to run about getting ready in 20 minutes. Plus it was cold, it was now autumn and the temperature was starting to drop.

I noticed my brother was wearing a hoody to. "What's the difference, you're pretty much wearing the same stuff I am."

He gave me a pointed look. "I'm a guy all I have to do is take the hoody off and ta da." He said holding out his arms wide like he was showing off a magic trick. "I'm ready to go."