(125) Gathered Together at a Reunion, The Words are Numbing

"What's the matter?" Chu Qing-Yan immediately became interested.

"In half a month, it would be the Mid-Autumn Festival. Father Emperor wants us to enter the imperial palace to participate in the Chrysanthemum Viewing Banquet." Xiao Xu carressed her hair and said in a gentle voice. He knew she didn't like the imperial palace, but it was only a once a year reunion, all members of the royal family must participate and won't be excused.

Chu Qing-Yan in the next instant wanted to ask if she could not go, but the words hadn't left her mouth before she stopped it. She knew that to the outsider, she was already Princess Consort Ying, not participating would be considered inexcusable. Moreover, after experiencing a tour of the imperial palace last time, she already had a deep understanding of Big Block of Ice's situation. Therefore, she could not be headstrong to set aside matters for gossip that other people could use to castigate Big Block of Ice.

"Does the Chrysanthemum Viewing Banquet have anything good to eat? Large crab? Chrysanthemum wine? Shark fin soup?" Chu Qing-Yan pretended to be curious and asked.

Xiao Xu saw her didn't get tangled up in whether she should go or not, and he suddenly released a breath of relief in his heart. In reality, he subconsciously wanted her to go, watching others talking and laughing cheerfully, he also wanted to have the feeling of having family accompany him. Father Emperor and Empress were too distant, the only one he could grasp was this bit of warmth in his hand!

"They have all of it, if they don't have it, when we come back, ask Huang Yi to make it for you."

Chu Qing-Yan smiled until her eyes became a thin line. "Alright!"

Xiao Xu seeing her behaving so well, his heart softened. "We'll be going to the banquet at night, but there is nothing planned during the day. You could invite your parents to come to the manor to celebrate the festival."

Chu Qing-Yan's eyes lit up. "Really?"

Xiao Xu was blinded by the hope in her eyes and unnaturally gave a light cough. "According to you."

"Big Block of Ice, you're really great!" Chu Qing-Yan suddenly cupped his face and gave him a big smooch before dancing with joy while running, saying. "I'll let the servants tell daddy and mommy, they'll definitely be very happy!"

Xiao Xu stared blankly at the lively figure that flew away like a butterfly. Afterwards, he lifted his hand to touch the cheek that wasn't covered by the mask and was tainted with saliva. All of a sudden, the corner of his mouth bent and he smiled.

Just let it be like this, this is also good!

A person alone for too long, would also want to find someone to accompany him.

In the blink of an eye, August 15th arrived.

The usually cold and cheerless prince's manor also bustled with activity in the wake of the arriving festival.

Everywhere were brimming with jubilation and all servants had smiles on their faces.

Seeds of spring were harvested in autumn, with an abundance of fruit, it was another year of bumper harvest season and another day of reunion.

Because Xiao Xu was the Western Xuan Country's Eldest Prince, there were already people sending him gifts early in the morning. Bai Hu brought servants along and was so busy that he had no time for anything else.

Inside the study room.

Fire Spirit and Earth Spirit both stood respectfully before the table.

"Master, the people who sent gifts today were more than previous years, tsk, tsk, tsk——" Fire Spirit said ruefully. He had just passed by the storeroom and saw many people moving the congratulatory gifts.