(126) The August 15th Moon is Very Round

Because they had to participate in the palace feast at night, the prince's manor's reunion meal was set in the late afternoon.

And because the weather had entered the autumn season, the autumn heat wasn't as sweltering hot as the summer heat, so the venue was set in the middle of a spacious courtyard.

Everybody sat in their seats, almost filling a whole table.

Huang Yi brought servants to serve the meal and the table was immediately filled to the brim with all kinds of fresh dishes.

Chu Qing-Yan was next to Xiao Xu, then it was Mother Chu and Daddy Chu. On one side of Xiao Xu was Chu Qing-Yan while the other side was Wood, Fire, Earth, and Air, the four Spirits as well as Housekeeper Bai.

And the seven colored Senior maids and the other servant girls were at one table. The other manservants had several of their own tables.

Because it was a reunion meal, there was no master and servant separation. Everyone was harmonious and happy.

In the past, the manor also held reunion feasts but it was basically only servants who participated, Xiao Xu simply didn't appear. He was originally a cold and cheerless person, with him there, the servants basically didn't dare to make any movements. Since it was like that, it was better to let them go play on their own.

This time, Chu Qing-Yan strongly requested that he be present, as a result, he also didn't evade it.

Moreover with Daddy Chu, this clown present, as well as Fire Spirit who was talented in creating a good atmosphere, the entire reunion meal was full of laughter and cheers.

Xiao Xu held a glass of wine and swirled it, as if through the light from the wine, he could see himself being painted with the warm colors of sunset, the coldness in both of his eyes were washed away.

Chu Qing-Yan saw everybody drinking wine and couldn't help but stretch out her hand to pour herself some. But her hand was stopped midway.

Chu Qing-Yan turned her head to look at the person at the side who made the move. "I want to drink one mouthful."

"Not allowed. Little children should not drink wine." Xiao Xu said in a manner that brooked no refusal.

"I'm not a child, I've already grown up!" Chu Qing-Yan felt that sometimes, her 10 year old identity was great, when she did something wrong she could always use it as a cover. However, sometimes she felt this identity was awkward, every time she wanted to do something, she was always limited, like how she just wanted to try this fruit wine, and was not allowed.

Xiao Xu lightly shot her a glance. "Wait until you reach a marriageable age of fifteen, then you can say these words to this king."

Chu Qing-Yan very angrily put down the wine cup and shoved in big mouthfuls of food, Big Block of Ice really spoiled all the fun!

Daddy Chu who was yelling out drinking games with Fire Spirit also heard this with his sharp ears. He turned his head around and shouted to his own daughter. "What son-in-law said is right, Cai Cai, you must listen to him!"

Chu Qing-Yan heard this and buried her head even deeper, even Daddy was standing on Big Block of Ice's side. How was she going to continue to live?

Mother Chu shook her head and laughed in spite of herself. She said towards her daughter who had her head buried as she ate bitterly. "Don't eat so much or else when you enter the imperial palace later, you'll be too full to eat."

Xiao Xu replied back. "No matters. The palace banquet only has exquisite looking food, it's not enough to fill the gaps between her teeth. Now it's also good to pad the stomach in the manor, or else she won't be able to bear it before returning to the manor."