backstage

Mina's POV

It wasn't long before my shrill alarm clock cut the threads that tied me to my dream world at the promised time. My following morning consisted of coffee, a half-hearted breakfast (alone) and some organizational things that I had to do without the boys. To be honest, I would have preferred to sit in a small restaurant ot café with Hobi and start the day comfortably, but that seemed impossible at this time.

And so all seven stayed back at the hotel, while I helped pick up suits here and there, work through checklists and see that everything needed for today could be found in the preparation room. After that my work around the event and backstage would basically be done. So I drove back to the hotel at four in the afternoon to answer some mails, get some sleep and get ready for tonight while the guys prepared for interviews and their performance.

Hoseok and I hardly exchanged a message today, only Namjoon kept me up to date with their schedule, while the others took care of themselves and their clothes.

17:15 pocket_monster
Yeah, I know, I know, I know. We just put on our outfits and head straight for the red carpet. Everyone is very fidgety because so much preparation has been invested in today. What about you? Excited?

17:23 Minapple
Pretty much. I don't know exactly what to do with my hair. I guess it has its advantages to have a personal stylist, hair and make-up artist :D
I'll see you later? I'll come backstage.

17:29 pocket_monster
Sure. Don't worry about your outfit. There aren't a thousand cameras pointed at you, even if there's a lot more to it.

17:23 Minapple
You flatter me, Mr. Kim ;-)
By the way, my place is in block A3, so seen from your point of view on the left. Greetings to the rest, I have to blow-dry my hair now. <3

I had the dress with me that Hani and I bought together a few weeks ago. Never before had I thought of paying more than a month's rent for a piece of beautiful fabric, but Dior's dark blue dress over my slim body convinced me of the opposite.

It consisted of really beautiful tailoring, pleasant fabric and a cut that I felt comfortable with. To be more precise, I felt like a fairy.

Although it was a little translucent around the legs, I wouldn't be standing on a stage today, but rather walking around in the dark, that's why it was okay for me. With all these female Idols around here, I wanted to feel as confident as possible and stand out for him.

I put my ticket, keys, important documents and things for emergencies in my small handbag. I left my Army Bomb at home this time, I did not want to raise too much attention towards it. A quick look in the mirror confirmed that it was worth investing so much time in makeup and hair. I looked great.

The dark blue of the dress and the blossomed fabric perfectly contrasted the color of my skin and hid my hips while emphasizing my upper body. I tied my hair to a loose ponytail and kept my makeup discreet to the eyes. In case it should get cool at night, I threw on a cardigan of the same colour, which I did not button up.

One hour before the start of the event I was already sitting in my seat in front of the stage. Behind me the seats were filled with fans who had been looking forward to the evening just as eagerly as everyone else in the programme.

It was such a heartbreaking pity that I didn't have to sit at the BTS table at the moment, but had to take a seat in the back, where fansites and various reporters also had their seats.

At 21:40 the boys' performance was planned. I was supposed to steal away at 21:00 here.