20 - KNIVES

Have you ever felt embarrassed for the person who's doing something embarrassing, but doesn't feel embarrassed at all, so you're the one who's feeling the embarrassment for them?

Yeah, well that's exactly what I'm feeling right now.

Days after we took in the people from Woodbury, we started taking in strangers we come across and provide them shelter, food and safety. There's more teens, kids and adults in this place now. This place is alive than it was before. We got clean water, working showers, more cleared cellblocks and stronger gates.

A stronger community, all thanks to Rick.

"Patrick, just stop." I said to my friend as he keeps on looking at Daryl.

Most of the people we took in are amazed by Daryl. Some are crushing on him, some are idolizing him like Patrick is doing.

"How come you're not a fan of him?" The latter asks me before he stands up.

This has become my morning routine for the past couple of weeks. Go eat breakfast with Patrick and Carl—only this time he's busy feeding the pigs—while mom's serving, then Daryl gets breakfast, everyone greets him and Patrick fanboys.

"Patrick, you want to take over?" My mom turns to him.

"Yes ma'am." He takes the spatula from my mom and before she and Daryl could leave, Patrick gets his attention. "Mr. Dixon."

I don't know why I cringe when he calls Daryl 'Mr. Dixon'.

"I just wanted to thank you for bringing that deer back yesterday. It was a real treat, sir." Patrick said politely with a smile. "And I'd be honored to shake your hand."

I couldn't help it, I snorted but stopped myself from laughing. Patrick ignores me and focuses on Daryl, as the latter licks his fingers before shaking my friend's hand.

When my mom and Daryl leaves, Patrick had this smile on his face before he faces me. He rolls his eyes when he sees my grin. "Cut it out."

"I don't know about you, but that was gross." I told him, still grinning and he rolled his eyes at me. I finished my breakfast and stood up. "See you later."

"Gonna go find Carl?" He questioned.

"Don't have to. I already know where he is." I told him before walking away.

Once I reached the pig-pen where Carl was at, I leaned against the wood and looked at the pigs.

"How are they?"

"They're good, but I don't know what's going on with Violet." He said and I immediately looked at the pig. The pig wasn't as lively as the others; she wasn't even standing up.

I was about to speak, but then we heard the sound of hooves. We both turn and saw Michonne riding a horse. I felt relief wash over me. She's been gone for a few days, trying to find where the Governor is. We haven't stopped looking for the said man, he could still be out there somewhere and as long as we can't locate him or have assurance that he's dead, we're not safe.

Rick calls to the both of us and we run towards the gate. The latter grabbed the rope on the left while I help Carl open the gate. Michonne comes in with her ride as we close the gate. We ran towards the said woman.

"We're glad to see you." Rick says and Michonne turns to him. "Glad to see you too."

I smiled at the woman and we hugged for a second, before pulling away. Michonne and I have gotten closer for the past few weeks, turns out she's not bad at all and she's pretty cool.

"Somebody hit the jackpot." She said, glancing at Carl and I.

She grabs a few comic books and gives it to the boy beside me, who says 'no way' before she hands me two books.