Chapter 25: Husband and wife

A/N: 15.05.19

Carter when running with Killian and Francisco ☝️☝️☝️
(Ya'll better scroll back up and look at the gif after reading this chapter, you'll understand why)

Leave a vote loves xx

🚬🚬🚬

Killian drove down the road, heading to the town's police station. The ride was quiet and awkward and I sunk in my seat, staring out the window and feeling like I always ended up being in his jeep after doing something embarassing.

"Do you want to listen to some music?" Asked Killian, breaking the silence and making me flinch. I nodded, desperate to fill the heavy atmosphere with something and reached over to turn on the radio.

"Crazy in love" by Beyoncé started playing, my body stiffening at the lyrics.

Got me looking so crazy right now, your love's,
Got me hoping you'll-

I cleared my voice, quickly changing the station.

"The Crush" song by Twaimz started playing.

Hush, hush, hush
Blush, blush, blush
You are now my big fat crush
I'm single as I can be
You're single, perfect for me
I'm gonna give you a bunch of reasons
Why you should date me
Reason number one - I'm super hot
Reason number two - she's super not
Reason number three - I'm all you got
And all you got is someone hot-

My face turned red at the lyrics and I quickly changed it again.
But for some reason, none of these songs were helping me right now.

"Love you like a love song" by Selena Gomez started playing.

I, I love you like a love song, baby
And I keep it in re-pe-pe-peat

I held my breath and turned off the radio, leaning back against my seat and scrunching my face, internally screaming on the inside.

"Maybe we should just drive without any music," I murmured in a small voice.

"So um, Jones," started Killian, making me immediately panic.

"Can we not talk about it?" I asked in a strained voice. "Please?"

Killian frowned, looking slightly upset, but didn't push it. After accidentally confessing to him in his room, he leaned in and kissed me, pulling away and telling me that my lip gloss tasted like cherry with that irresistibly dashing smile of his. But before things could get too steamy, I pushed him away and told him to stop.

Of course he'd be confused, I mean, who wouldn't?! He probably thought that I'd be happy to be kissed by someone that I liked, and I did, (I really, really did), but I promised myself that today was the day that I'd end my feelings. That's not how emotions probably work, but I had already promised Eshe and myself.

So being the courageous and fearless boy I was, I then ran out of his room and waited for him downstairs, which brings us to now; this very awkward situation.

We didn't talk for the rest of the ride and I felt slightly relieved when we reached the police station, which was quite paradoxical considering that we basically came here to commit a crime.

I took in a small breath, squeezing my clammy hands as I stared at the rows of police cars.

I was about to open the door, but Killian leaned over and closed it, looking at me with a frown.