8

It was another typical day in the café. Hyun Ae was just starting to open the place with Yoon Hee when suddenly her phone was ringing from below the counter.

"Oh. My phone. My phone is ringing," she hummed as she walked towards the counter to get her phone and answered it immediately without even looking at the screen. "Hello?"

"Noona!" suddenly Jungkook called out through the speaker. She flinched a bit and then sighed.

"Ah, why?"

"Come to Big Hit right now!"

"But why?!"

"We'll be having our photoshoot!"

"But I'm working right now! And I have nothing to do with that!"

"I don't care. Just come! Please..."

"But-" she paused when she heard the phone on the other side snatched away by someone, and then she heard someone sigh.

"Hyun Ae-ssi, please," another voice came in.

Hyun Ae bit her lip as she looked up at Yoon Hee, who was now standing in front of her. "N-Namjoon-ssi..." she whispered and then sighed again when her friend tilted her head. "Alright. I'll be there in a moment. Yoon Hee ah-"

"It's okay," she smiled, walking towards Hyun Ae and began to untie her waist apron. "I can handle this place alone. Besides, it has been a while since the last time you have a day for yourself."

"Yoon Hee ah..." she whined, taking back the apron into her hands. "I feel like I'm walking myself toward a chaotic group of boys!"

"As if you don't know that they're crackheads! You're an ARMY! Isn't it fun?"

"I know. It's just... I don't want my existence to be known too much because they know me."

"Hyun Ae eonnie," Yoon Hee called out her name clearly, looking straight into her eyes. "There are times when you should be positive in your life. Since the day that I met you as my senior, I know when you need to take a break in your life and just enjoy doing things with you ones you love. For example, meeting these boys. It's a fate written for you."

Silence filled the air between them, when suddenly both of them, in sync, held out one of their arms and began to sing, "DNA!" Laughter then filled the whole area, indicating the start of Hyun Ae's hectic day.

***

"Oh? Hyun Ae-ssi!" Namjoon called out, immediately standing straight up from leaning his back against their black SUV as he saw her walking towards him at the front of the Big Hit building.

"Haha... hi?" she shyly bowed at him, tucking her long side bangs behind her ear.

"You look... pretty today," he bashfully complimented her, placing his hand right behind his head.

"What, you just noticed that? I'm always pretty," Hyun Ae claimed, flipping her hair and then giggling. "I'm sorry I was just kidding-"

"Nah, it's okay... Love yourself, remember?"

"Anyways, what are you guys doing?" she asked, standing beside the leader as both of them were staring at the entrance of the building.

"We were waiting for the rest to come out but they're still inside. Our manager hyungs aren't here for today," Namjoon explained, his voice faltering at the end of the words.

"You guys don't have any replacements?" she asked, turning her head to him. And she had noticed him biting his bottom lip, as he glanced at her. In a weird way. More like pleading. "No way..." she muttered, her eyes beginning to widen when the realization hit her. "Kim Namjoon-ssi. No freaking way-"