6| You're a Sadist, Logan Pierce

THE entire week was filled with revenge pranks pulled by Logan and I to get back at one another

THE entire week was filled with revenge pranks pulled by Logan and I to get back at one another. We certainly weren't going easy in our little war.

It was Thursday and the day was almost over. Logan and I had almost gone the entire day without any sort of revenge, which was slightly refreshing. But at the same time, the last person I wanted to spend my time thinking about was Logan. So sitting in 8th period AP Physics with Tanner, I kept my focus on the work assigned. That, and listening to Tanner bicker with Porkchop who sat in front of us, but was completely disinterested in the assignment and had his entire body turned to face us.

It was still a mystery to all of us why Porkchop was even in AP Physics 2 to begin with. But somehow he had passed AP Physics 1 with a 3 on the test and he just got thrown into the 2nd course. Maybe he was secretly a science genius?

"Porkchop, I don't know how many times I have to explain to you that we evolved from monkeys." Tanner sighed, shaking his head.

"But here's the thing, Tanner," Porkchop said quite sassily, "if we evolved from monkeys, then why are there so many people who look like birds? Or sloths? OOH! Or, that one girl in my homeroom who looks like a—"

"Don't finish that sentence," I interjected, and Porkchop shrugged.

"It's science, dude," Porkchop said, tapping his temple.

Nope. He definitely wasn't a science genius.

Tanner groaned and smacked his head. "Can't you knock some sense into him, Noah? For God's sake, I can't!"

I shook my head, not even bothering to look up from my assignment. "Sorry. No can do. Gotta finish this assignment."

"You have the whole weekend to do it!"

"Nope," I said. "My parents are gone again and Amelia has practices and a recital this weekend. I'm booked, bud."

"So I take it that means you won't be able to go to Boondocks with the boys on Saturday?" Tanner asked, and again, I shook my head no. He groaned. "Not only are you not going to talk Porkchop out of his insanity, but you're going to ditch me for laser tag? We're a team, Noah! I can't be a team by myself!"

"Sorry, dude. Amelia is just a bit more important. She is family, you know."

"I thought we were family!" Porkchop chimed in, and I looked up to see a face full of hurt, his lips turned downward in a pout. I placed my hand on his shoulder and lightly tapped it to console him.

"We are family, PC. But do you share the same blood as me?" I asked.

Porkchop shrugged. "I might, I don't know. I COULD GET TESTED—"

"Okay, nope. Not what I meant," I said, focusing back on my assignment right as the bell rang. I groaned and put it in my folder, then threw it in my backpack. "Thanks to your distractions, I'm definitely gonna have to do this during Amelia's practice."