Guilt

Jimin was lying in bed, god knows what hour it was. The moonlight was shining brightly through the windows as he was panting and sweating. A nightmare woke him up from his slumber, he had been having them the last few days. They had been bad, worse than when he originally joined the pack. Old memories were resurfacing, and he didn't know why, maybe it was the stress, maybe there was an underlying reason.

He really wanted to talk to someone about this, really wanted to open up about his past some more but he feels as if though he's missed his chance. Of course he chatted with Taehyung briefly about his miscarriages, and sure that took a lot of weight off of his shoulders but there was so much more than that. His trauma went deeper beyond losing those pups, it went deeper beyond the beatings and the bruises, he was emotionally damaged and although he thought he was doing better, he was proved wrong. He's kind of been in a strange haze the last few days, hasn't seen much of Yoongi since their small fight. Yoongi's absence hadn't been because of the fight, they had made up and now were back to normal, but the last  couple of days Yoongi has been extremely busy with hunting and stocking up for next winter. He's been spending some time with the others, but only at meal times, otherwise retreating back to his den to 'read' as he told everyone. Really he would sit there, thinking about his past and trying to calm his breathing.

Maybe it was chance that Taehyung showed up 15 minutes later, or maybe it was luck. Whatever it was, his best friend was quick to notice Jimin's distress even when he put on a fake smile.

"Chim, what's up with you lately, i'm worried." Taehyung pouted, making himself comfortable on the bed.

"I'm just- I don't know Tae, i've been having nightmares again." Jimin spoke, his head down avoiding eye contact with his friend, if he looked up he would have seen the worried look on Taehyungs face.

Taehyung reached for his hand, the one which was currently shaking, he hadn't even realised until he felt it engulfed by the other omegas larger ones.

"And what are these nightmares about Jiminie?" And Taehyung's voice was gentle, so extremely gentle and Jimin wanted to cry. His friend was being so patient with him, whilst he was here wallowing and refusing to acknowledge his problems.

Jimin took a deep breath, ready to spill everything on his mind.
"I'm back there again in my dreams. I'm trapped, locked and chained up sitting on a hard floor, and I can feel myself wasting away in my dreams. Except the worst bit is that I knew that was happening in real life, I knew I was close to dying back then. It wasn't a dream, just a reminder of reality." And he didn't even notice the tears staining his cheeks until he tasted the salty substance on his tongue.

"Chim, they might be memories, but that's the point. They're memories, you're here now, you're safe and that's not going to happen again to you." Taehyungs eyes were filled with sadness.

"I know tae." He tried to give his friend a reassuring smile, but it came across as more of a grimace.
"Sometimes I have dreams that I was back in my first pack, singing in the woods and playing with the pups and eomma." He remembers it clearly, the joy he felt when seeing the pups smile, the joy he felt when he would sing freely, the birds joining in with the sweet melody.

"And I think they're worse than the nightmares, because I miss it so much, I miss them and I know they're dead. They're all dead Tae, my eommas dead." He was sobbing now, falling into his friends chest. There were comforting arms circling his waist and long fingers running through his hair. Taehyung was whispering sweet words into his ear, and it was all very comforting, but he needed his alpha, he needed Yoongi here but he was already too much of a bother, he couldn't distract the alpha for his pettiness once again. He hadnt been this open with anyone in a while, and he felt like he owed some of that to Yoongi. But now he had Taehyung with him, they were lying side by side, not an inch between them as the youngest omega kept providing comfort. And this is all that Jimin needed.

When he had calmed down, he didn't feel any better. Taehyung was still beside him, on the brink of falling asleep, but there was a horrible ache in the back of Jimin's head, a headache threatening to come through and that really was the last thing he needed. But all in all, he felt lighter. It was always so cliche, everyone said that talking helps, he never believed it. But it did help, he feels calmer, safer now that he's shared his issues.

But there's guilt, a whole load of guilt. He was lying to his friend. Well, not necessarily lying, but Jimin wasn't exactly telling the whole truth. He would talk, he would talk all he could, but this, this is something the omega would never share.

He had a secret, and he intended to keep it until the day he died.

Ooooh what do you think the secret is?

Thank you for all the comments i've been getting recently, they really motivate me to write and i love hearing your feedback and plot ideas! Please continue commenting, i'm so grateful! <3