Vol 5 Chap 146

XH 146

No one stopped Xiao Hua when she walked in x8 speed straight into the Eighth Prince's courtyard. All servants already knew she was the Empress' special guest as well as the Eighth Prince's friend.

But they wondered why she was in such a hurry. They saw a familiar boy dressed in black with a mask covering the lower half of his face followed her from behind quite a distance away. Seeing that Xiao Hua was accompanied by her guard, they returned back to their task, no longer concerned about her.

Currently, in the Eighth Prince's courtyard, there was a guest that had arrived since early morning. It was a child around the same age as the Eighth Prince, dressed in Munzhu Country's male attire. His robes were not as high grade as the Eighth Prince's but it was still made from one of the finest cloth in the Four Kingdoms.

"Nu Li, want to play horse and prince game?" the Eighth Prince asked his new friend, the previous Munzhu king's youngest son, Prince Nu Li.

Although the rebels had wanted to kill Nu Li to prevent him to stage a coup to overthrow them when he was older with the support of the previous King's loyal men, Tian Liang had stopped them.

"He is just a kid where we still able to teach him properly. With him living, it will also appease the previous king's supporter and they won't do anything drastic yet. Prince Nu Li is still the direct royal bloodline that founded the Munzhu country. If we kill him, we kill our founder's line, kill our tradition and we will be known as rebels that are ungrateful to our founder."

When Heise heard it from Eunuch Heng, he was surprised that his character that was supposed to be cruel and wild would have such deep thoughts.

Nu Li nodded and gave Heise a small smile. Despite him having the appearance of an ill-treated kid, Heise had witnessed nothing abusive from the King's attitude towards Nu Li. The younger boy's tanned skin and thin frame looked more of a commoner than a prince.

It was the sense of pity that influence Heise to be friendly to Nu Li when the other boy shyly approached him and asked to play with him during the New Year celebration. The poor boy was brought along with the King of Munzhu to visit the Guilin Kingdom for New Years and had no one to spend time with.

Surprisingly, when the King of Munzhu returned to Guilin again for some business, Nu Li asked to follow as well, just to meet the Eighth Prince.

They were just deciding who will be the horse and who will be the prince when Xiao Hua barged into the room. She had only done that after she peeked into the room from the window and found the Eighth Prince with a little kid.

She immediately figured the kid's identity but she did not greet him and pretend to be ignorant of his identity. Keeping her eyes only on the Eighth Prince, she said with a bright smile, "I've brought candies for you, Eighth Prince."

"Candies!" The Eighth Prince jumped out of his chair hurriedly. "Nu Li, sorry but we will play tomorrow okay?"

The word 'I've brought candies for you' was the transmigrated duo's code for 'we need to talk, its emergency'.

However, Nu Li viewed it otherwise. During the times he visited Long Ming, he had never eaten many candies as he does not favour them that much, except for snacks. But when this unknown girl suddenly offered him candies, Long Ming quickly pushed him away so that he can be with this girl alone!

Nu Li glared at the childish girl wearing cute animal embroidery robes, thinking that this sort of girl, despite being cute, would not suit Long Ming. Long Ming needs a sensible, caring, and attentive partner!

Xiao Hua naturally noticed Prince Nu Li was glaring at her since it was done in that child did not bother hiding it. She knew that the kid was angry with her for disturbing his evil plans to lure the Eighth Prince onto his web.