Chapter 6: The Knights Order

This special battalion of the Knights Order consisted of five highly specialised knights: Firstly Kristopher Theodore Bastian Ambrose (the second prince of Girannon), Braxton Smithson (the second prince's guard and a noble), Alucard Von Esterheim (a skilled Magician and a distinguished noble), Cornelius Marcellus (the newest member of the party, and a talented young noble), and finally Tiberius Theon Tarquin (a great and renowned hero known for his brute strength).

The five men had just finished killing off a pack of demonic wolves that were terrorising a small farming village. The defeat had been easy for them, they were very distinguished member of society for their power and strength, even among the Knights Order they were famous. The newest member of the team, Cornelius had just graduated from the training camp in the capital, he had been the top of his class and was immediately placed into the knights Order. He was a kind and gentlemanly young man, and he had many skills that made him ideally suited for combat, one of which was his killer instinct.

Said instinct was screaming at him to be careful, even though they had just destroyed the demonic wolves he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up and goose bumps cover his exposed flesh, something was wrong, something was watching them...

He saw Prince Kristopher a few meters ahead of him, the leader of the group and decided to go and tell him his suspicions, when movement to hi far right caught his attention, through a rustling bush he saw a giant demonized wolf leap out of the bushes and head straight for the prince.

He had no time to tell the others, he just had to act, he had to save the prince. Purely out of instinct he jumped the distance to the princes and was in between the prince and the wolf.

Unbelievable pain tore through his body as he felt sword-like claws rip through his chest and stomache. He fell to the ground unable to move or stand. The prince rushed to his side and tried to apply pressure to  his wounds. The prince realised that his fellow knight had saved his life by throwing himself in front of the wolf. It was the selfless act of an honourable man.

Cornelius heard the other members of the squad shout, and watched paralysed from pain and his loss of strength as Alucard and Tiberius decapitated the wolf – its head rolled across the forest floor.

"Alucard quickly come heal him!" Shouted the prince as he saw his soldier's eyes grow dull and heavy. Kristopher simply refused to let him die.

Alucard rushed from over the wolf's dead body and saw the extent of the boy's injuries. It was a miracle that the boy was still alive. The wolf had slashed him open, leaving some of his organs and bones exposed. Cornelius twitch on the ground as blood started to cough up blood.

He didn't want to die, he had just been promoted, he was on the path to making a name for himself, He had just met the royal prince... How could he die now when his future looked so bright?

Cornelius wasn't ignorant to the situation he was in, he knew his wounds couldn't be healed by anyone, nobody was that powerful, even if he was healed he would have to be a cripple for the rest of his life, and he didn't want that. He was going to die here in some forest so far away from home.

"Don't give up hope Cornelius, there is a town nearby here, there is a chance that somebody might be able to heal you. Do not give up Cornelius."

Cornelius smiled at the man he had sacrificed his life for, and then everything came back into perspective. The prince had not been the spoilt corrupt noble he thought that he would be, instead he was honourable, kind and strong. A true inspiration. Cornelius smiled knowing that he had sacrificed his life for such a righteous warrior and felt at peace.

Come pick him up, we will take him Willow's town. If that town can produce a triple user there might just be a mage who can use healing magic. The other knights in the group highly doubted that but also didn't want to lose their newest member and thus complied with the prince's wishes.