Lesson Thirty-Five

Lesson Thirty-Five - Patience Is Power.

Holly sat in front of us at the restaurant and it took everything in me not to glare at her as she eyed Riker up and down. Judging from his face though he was loving the attention. Whore.

Her blonde hair fell down around her shoulders in waves and her baby blue eyes took in the rest of us. Her smile was quickly removed from her face when her eyes landed on my harsh glare. I felt my brother elbow me in the ribs and I quickly put a fake smile on my face making the woman relax slightly. She was still quick to look away from me though.

"Where is your mom?" She asked looking at my brother more than me. It was clear she loved getting attention from the guys.

"Rachael will be here soon my dad is dropping her off." Riker had answered for us it was clear he was trying to keep her attention away from me and Damon and so far he was doing a good job.

I watched as the waiter placed the drinks down in front of us. Holly though never took her eyes of Riker as they had a conversation between the two of them.

"Look at me I'm Holly and I sleep around to get the answers for you. Tune in at 9 to see who I had to sleep with to get this report." I had said everything under my breath but my brother must have overheard and he started to choke on his drink.

He started to cough really loudly beating his chest trying to get the drink to go down the right way. As for support, I patted his back half heartily. That's what he gets for getting us in this situation in the first place.

"Is he ok?" Asked Holly slightly worried. I put on my best fake smile and spoke for the two of us.

"Of course."

"My babies!!"

I groaned out in annoyance as I heard my mothers voice from across the room. Everyone in the restaurant was looking at us as my mother ran over to us. I stood up and let her give me a hug. I could see Holly was looking at Damon carefully when he didn't get up to do the same. In fact his face held nothing but annoyance for our mother. So I did what any sister would do. I dragged him to and shoved him into our mother embrace. My mother couldn't be anymore happier as Damon couldn't get out of it without looking cruel.

"Rachael it's so nice to finally met you." Said Holly as she stood up and held out her hand for my mother to shake. Which she did so with a big smile on her face.

"You too Holly. It's being so long since I have had an interview." Responded my mother as she took a seat between me and Damon.

"I'm surprised after your marriage to Riker's father here it was a big deal in the news world." Holly had a big bright smile on her face a pen in her hand and paper on the table. She was ready for every detail of our lives and I hated it.

My mother laughed and had a grin on her face. She was clearly loving the spotlight. "I wanted a low-key wedding. Not something over the top." I wanted to scoff at my mothers comment but played it safe and said nothing. Plus I could feel Riker's eyes on me telling me to shut it.

"I'm sure you looked beautiful though. Will you ever release the wedding photos to the public." Asked Holly.

"Of course." My mother beamed. "They are in the middle of being processed."

"And what about you three?" Asked Holly turning her attention to the rest of us. "What do you think of Rachael's wedding to Xavier?"

She looked at Riker first and just as well. I needed a moment to think of how to speak if it nicely.

"I'm happy for them. My dad deserves to be happy and I'm happy that Rachael can help him with that. Plus." He threw his arm over my shoulders and pulled me closer. "I have five new step brothers and a step sister. What more could I want?"