Seven Minutes In Heaven

The music could be heard blaring down the street, whatever sound system this house had was an expensive one. Adam parks his car further down the road as all the spaces were taken up near the house.

We all get out of the cramped car, relieved to finally be here. Adam had driven with Mia shotgun, Ross and George occupied the middle and right side of the car whilst I sat on Matty's lap on the left as there wasn't enough room. Hann says that if we all lose each other to meet at the car at 2am to make our way home as he is the designated driver, bless his soul.

George starts off on a tangent about how drunk he's going to get tonight and how he can't wait to be "baked like a cake," his words not mine. Matty joins in with the hollering whilst Adam goes ahead with Mia and Ross just falls in rhythm with my steps and informs me of who's house this is after I ask him in curiosity.

As we entered the house, the smell of cheap booze and sweat hit me but it wasn't a new smell to me after going to the lads small gigs and being in the crowd. Matty takes my hand and spins me around as the first few chords to Arctic Monkeys new song "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" sounded throughout the house.

We screamed the song at each other whilst dancing wildly as if no one else was watching but us. I felt so alive by the end of the song, he was dragging me over to the drinks table and pouring me a "Marty special" as he called it. As I go to take a sip I notice a boy approaching us, taking Matty in a headlock and ruffling his curls before releasing him leaving an unimpressed look on his face.

I look at Matty with my eyebrows raised in question as his 'friend' clears his throat and speaks "Aren't you a pretty little thing?" he says looking me up and down. I cringe inwardly as he introduces himself "I'm Jace, Matthew didn't tell me how gorgeous you were." he takes my hand in his.

I look to Jace's side, seeing a very pissed off Matty clenching his jaw. I slide my hand out of Jace's grasp "I'm Bea, how do you know Matty exactly?" I ask in question, disregarding the comments he'd made on my appearance because I didn't get good vibes off him.

He turned to look at Matty and replied "I'm his drug dealer." Shrugging nonchalantly as if he hadn't just admitted to selling drugs to a complete stranger.

"Ok well we better be going Jace, nice meeting you." I shout, dragging Matty away from the scene before he breaks the guys nose.

When I stop walking Matty looks down at me "I don't like him or how he speaks about girls especially you but he does the best weed." He said. I just laugh at him and down the cup of whatever he'd given me in one.

It was a few hours later when one of the older girls at the party declared that we were playing seven minutes in heaven. I groaned and sat down reluctantly, a couple of the other people around us joining the circle and grabbing a bottle off the side.

Ross sits down next to me, leaning over to talk in my ear as the music was still in full swing. "Don't do anything you don't want to ok? You just tell me if you want to leave." He said, his tone showing he was being serious and honest.

"I know R, I appreciate it. I don't know what I'd do without you." I grin at him. He pats my shoulder and looks back to Laura who was announcing the "rules" to those who didn't know what the game was.

The first spin of the bottle is made and the two go off to the closet. As they're doing their thing, I start getting clammy hands. I'd never kissed anyone before. What if I was really bad? I'd kind of hoped it would be with someone who cares about me but here goes. I'm tipsy and I'm about to have my first kiss what the hell?

I'm brought out of my thoughts by Ross tapping my shoulder. I could hear him murmuring something but I couldn't quite make out what he's saying as he's taking my hand to help me up. "It landed on us Bea." He said quietly.

My eyes dart around the room and land on one particular person, Matty. He gives me a soft smile, before turning to shoot daggers with his eyes at the back of Ross' head. I've no idea why he was doing that seeing as we were all best friends but I put it down to him being drunk and stoned.

I let Ross lead me to the closet and shut the door, the only light in here was the multi coloured lights slipping through the cracks of the doors. I look up to Ross and he nods down at the floor, indicating to take a seat. I sit with my legs crossed and wait for him to get comfortable seeing as he had longer legs than me.

He lets out a sigh, one of relief by the sounds of it. "I'm so happy it landed on you, I really don't want to kiss anyone out there." he murmurs.

"I'm glad it was you too. Call me a prude or whatever but I kind of hoped for my first kiss to be with someone who cares about me y'know? I know i'm innocent compared to most of the girls out there or people like Matty who are more experienced." I confide in Ross, knowing he'll keep what I say to himself.

"You're not a prude for wanting a special moment to be with someone who cares for you, Bea. Who cares what other people think? As long as you're not regretting the decisions you make, why should you compare yourself to others? Matty just bluffs half the time, you know him better than I do to know that." He replies, shifting closer to me.

I shuffle along so that his arm is around me, keeping me close in the small space. I ask him a question, "Who was your first kiss?" he sighs and shakes his head before replying "Well it was this girl in Year 6, her name was Jane. It was awful because a) I didn't know what I was doing and b) I wasn't into it."

It goes quiet for a minute before he speaks up again. "Hey Petal, if I tell you something can it stay between the two of us and us two only? Like when we leave in-" He pauses and looks down at his clock squinting "When we leave this closet in 4 minutes we won't talk about it to the others." He says hesitantly.

I grab his hand and lock our pinkies in the trusty promise. He keeps ahold of my hand in his and takes a deep breathe "I've known for a while now and only recently come to terms with it properly. I just- I didn't know who to tell first, it's not like I don't want the boys knowing it's just I trust you and I think of you like a sister. Plus Hann might freak cause we share a bed." He stumbles over his words in a shaky breathe, I hold his hand tighter rubbing in comforting circles with my thumb.

"Wow I'm being very dramatic right now it's just when I say it out loud to someone else it's out there and it's not just my secret anymore. Bea, I'm uh - I'm gay." He lets out, the air almost seemed to have stopped in his lungs and if I hadn't of felt his pulse beating against my hand then I'd of thought he was dead.

I move around so that I'm sitting directly in front of him, looking into his glistening eyes before leaning forward and kissing his cheek. I let my hand rest against his chin, he looks down at me with a sad smile and a tear falls. I take this as my opportunity to speak up. "Someone so pretty shouldn't be crying, especially over something so natural. Ross, you giant bear I love you and so do the boys and if you're scared of their reaction you have no reason to be because they love you as well. Listen, I can't imagine how scary it is but you'll always have me to talk too about this stuff. No one will find out until if and when you're ready and then I'll be there for you too."

He sniffles and wipes under his nose with his t-shirt sleeves. "C'mon we're meant to be kissing in here and if we go out there looking like a crying mess they'll know somethings up. Rassy, thank you for trusting me with this, you're still in my top 6 favourite boys list no matter who you love. I mean no one beats Ashton Kutcher at top place..."

At this he pulls me into a hug, murmuring about how he feels better now someone else knows and that he loves me. I grab his hand to lift him up and turn to him in and say "Well I guess now it's time to leave the closet, both literally and metaphorically." in a comedic way.

He laughs at this and allows me to pull him back to the circle, George hollering as we sat back down. I flip him off and take a sip of my drink watching the game continue. I could feel someone's stare on me and look across in the direction it came from to see Matty frowning.

I excused myself from the circle, making up an excuse to go get another drink. In reality I needed fresh air and space to think, Matty was acting so weirdly tonight with the staring at Ross and I.

a/n: ok so i made ross come out as gay in this chapter also if you couldn't already tell bea and ross are really close so they trust each other.

time jump in this so Bea, Matty and Ross are 15/16. George is 15 and Adam is 17.