Chapter One

Hope was usually a great fighter. An excellent fighter even. However, when it is her friend that is attacking her, she does not fight back as strongly. She doesnt use her strength. Which was why she lost the magic battle against Josie in which the dark witch used a spell the tribrid didnt recognize. Hope collapsed , feeling her energy leave her. When her eyes opened, she was in a bed. In a one room apartment thing. She blinked in surprise and confusion and slowly pushed herself up into a seated position.

Klaus Mikaelson walked closer to the door of Stefan Salvatore's apartment with Stefan himself by his side after a long night at the bar. He sighed contently. "Can't you hear that?" He smirked looking over at his old friend. "It is the sound of Rebekah not annoying us to death." He said clearly happy his sister had stayed behind last night, doing more shopping no doubt. Truthfully he didn't care, so long as she stayed away for most part. He was beginning to wonder why he chose to undagger her in the first place. "I never did understand what you saw in her." He chuckled softly. "Then again, I suppose I wouldn't. Seeing as though she is my sister."

Stefan chuckled a little at that. "No, I suppose you wouldnt." He said, thinking back to the memories he now had of a time he had thought he had mostly blacked out. He stopped as he reached the door and heard someone on the other side. "Do you hear that?" He questioned. He knew it wouldnt be Elena since that was earlier and he had scared her away. Finally convinced her that he didnt want her. Enough at least to keep her away.

Klaus frowned as he too suddenly heard the sound of someone inside the small apartment. He signaled for Stefan to be quiet for a moment and only after a few seconds, he forced the door open with no warning whatsoever. His focused and only slightly concerned expression soon changed into a smug one as he caught sight of a girl on Stefan's bed. "Stefan." He playfully scolded. "Poor girl. She must have been waiting here all night for you." He chuckled. "Apologies. My friend here apparently does not remember when he schedules time with women. He's charming like that." He snorted looking the girl over a little. She did look a little bit younger than the girls his friend normally pursued. But he supposed he couldn't really judge.

Hope inhaled sharply and froze at the sight of her father. She barely even heard the words that came out of his mouth. Her mind was turning on what could possibly have happened. How was he standing here right now in front of her? How did he not recognize her. Then she recognized Stefan. Two people who were dead.

"I've never seen her before in my life" Stefan said, defensive and concerned about the girl. He wanted to find out how he could help her. But he was ripper Stefan right now. Not good Stefan. "What's your name?"

"Hope" Hope said after a moment. "My name is Hope"

Klaus glanced over at Stefan curiously when he said he hadn't ever seen the girl before. "Well she is in your apartment. And the door was not forced open...at least not prior to my doing." He pointed out and then focused on the young girl who was apparently named Hope. Quite an unusual name. Not to mention she looked as though she had seen a ghost. "What are you doing here then? What do you want?" He asked taking a small step towards her. Although he didn't appear menacing quite yet, it was clear the playfulness was gone from his eyes and was instead replaced with caution and hostility.

"I... I dont know what I'm doing here" Hope said finally. "I woke up on the bed, but I certainly did not fall asleep on it"

Klaus raised an eyebrow at her words, clearly not believing her in the slightest. "Right. You were randomly transported to an apartment." He stated sarcastically. "Let me ask you again. What are you doing here, and what are you after? They are truly simple questions." He smirked stepping closer to her.

"I dont know what I'm doing here. All I know is I was blasted with a spell I have never heard of and now I'm here" Hope said firmly, looking at him. She could let her pain and confusion hit her later. "And I'm not up to anything. You'd think I have some diabolical reason for being in his apartment?" She raised an eyebrow. "There isnt even much in here. What could I possibly be up to?"

Klaus frowned and crossed his arms as he listened to the girl. He definitely didn't like her attitude. She sounded entitled and worst of all, she didn't seem scared of him. Something that didn't sit well with him in the slightest. "Spell. Alright, let's say I am considering that insane explanation. Who cast the spell?" He questioned looking at her. "And more importantly, why? Surely you must have done something.Witches do not normally spell others for no reason, even as obnoxious as they are."

"I was trying to get my friend back. Dark magic and her insecurities were controlling her" Hope replied. "As for who casted the spell, that isnt important" she said.

"Hm. Let's see. You claim to have been blasted here with a spell. You look properly upset about it. Yet when I ask you to tell me the name of the witch who casted such spell, you claim it isn't important." Klaus said slowly. "Suspicious don't you think?" He smirked and then glanced over at Stefan.

"Less about its importance and more about I dont want you to know about her." Hope said with a sigh

"You want to protect your friend." Stefan observed, watching her. "Even if she hit you with the spell that brought you here"

Hope nodded, her blue eyes lowering a little as she thought about her friend. About everyone really. It was true even if it wasnt exactly true. It seemed she was in the past somehow. But how far back?

Klaus frowned, now having realized that as well. Not that he truly cared. Unless she was there to plan anything against him, which he could tell she wasn't. There was something going on, but it wasn't anything he should be worried about. "Right. Well if you are through being transported to places, the door is right through there." He said dismissively as he gestured towards Stefan's apartment door.

Hope's heart ached at that. It felt as though she was being disowned, but that was ridiculous. He didnt even know who she was. Which hurt even worse. "Where am I anyways?" She wanted to ask the year.But she didnt want him to look at her with even more confusion.

"Chicago." Klaus answered observing her carefully. He could tell there were things on her mind, but he didn't care enough to ask. "What was the last place you were in before?" Maybe he could get a car for her and she could be on her way.

Hope sighed and frowned a little at that. "I was in Virginia. But going there wouldnt change anything. I'm all alone now" She checked her pockets. "And cashless" she said, sighing. "Whatever. I'll figure something out"

Klaus rolled his eyes, the girl's problems not affecting him in the slightest. He did have bigger things to worry about after all. Which is why he wanted to get rid of her as quickly as possible. "Here." He said as he pulled out a couple hundred dollar bills from his wallet and held them out for her. "Now you have zero excuses in leaving my friend's apartment." He said with a sarcastic smile present on his lips.

Hope hesitated and took them. "Thank you" she said softly. She lowered her gaze a little and headed out of the apartment.

Stefan watched her leave curiously. "Did it seem like she recognized us?" He asked Klaus as he walked further inside and opened the secret door bookshelf. He added the name of a victim to the very long list from the 20s and then grabbed a bottle of Klaus' favorite drink before walking back over to him.

Klaus frowned at Stefan's words, his gaze remaining on the empty space the girl had been standing in moments ago. "Slightly. I noticed it too. Though if she wanted revenge for something you or I did in our time here, she has a very poor way of executing it." He chuckled softly. "Either way I'm not concerned.

She looked more lost rather than angry. And regardless, I doubt a fifteen year old girl is any match for the legendary original hybrid and the ripper of Monterey." He smirked."Oh I'm not concerned either. It was merely an observation. Look what I found" Stefan said, passing him the bottle, label side up.

Klaus grinned at the sight of the bottle of his favorite drink. He took it in his hands and looked it over. "My. I haven't seen one of these in a long time. Unfortunately it will have to wait. Possibility until we have something worth drinking to." He sighed and carefully set it down, his mind now going to all his failed hybrids. "Come. We should see if the witch has made any progress."

Stefan nodded slightly, knowing it was better not to argue. He needed Klaus to see he was on his side. Not to figure out that he wasnt. He glanced back around at the old apartment and memories before heading out.

Klaus headed out of the apartment as well. He hoped there was some type of solution already. He didn't know how much more of this he could take. He finally broke his curse, only to not be able to make more of his kind. "I swear I am going to kill this witch if she still does not have anything." He muttered.