Chapter 14

The King and Queen just stand at the entryway. Watching and waiting for something.

"Mom, Dad. This is Audrey."

I can't help but give a little wave towards the two wolves standing in front of me.

What happens next surprises me and I do what I did to the twins. I close my eyes and brace for impact.

The loud screech of happiness is what causes me to flinch.

"LUCAS JAMES KNIGHT! YOUR BROTHER AND SISTER GOT TO MEET YOUR MATE BEFORE ME! YOU MAY BE THE KING BUT I AM YOUR MOTHER AND WILL KICK YOUR BUTT!"

When I open my eyes I see black fabric. A millisecond later and I realized I had turned and hid my face in Lucas' chest. Clinging onto him for dear life.

"I'm sorry mom but can't you see you scared her? She has had a hard time and loud noises scare her."

"Oh dear I'm so sorry. I got a little too excited. Please don't be upset with me. Can you forgive me hun?"

I turn my head slowly to see Lucas mom ten feet away from us with a look of sincere regret adorning her beautiful features.

"It's okay. Y-you didn't know. I'm Audrey."

"Hello dear. I'm Sofia but you can call me mom or mama or whatever you want. We are family now."

She wants me to call her mama? I haven't called someone that since before I can remember.

A deep yet gentle voice speaks up from behind Sofia and I can't help but shake a little when I look at him.

A tall and well built man stands in front of me with sharp blue eyes. The smile he wears is sincere and with Lucas holding me I quit shaking almost instantly.

"My name is Reginald, but you can call me whatever you want. I'm glad to finally meet you. Now Sof will stop complaining about meeting you and I can have some peace and quiet."

That same glint of mischief twinkles in Reginald's eyes as Dustin and I know he must have been a troublemaker in his younger years.

"What did you say Reggie? Will you repeat that for me dear?"

A knowing smirk dances across Lucas' lips and I can't help but smile. The love in his eyes as he watches his parents is apparent and I can only dream we will be like that.

Lucas looks down and catches me staring at him, like the weirdo I am, and his smile only grows, showing his dimple. He kisses my forehead, causing my smile to widen more. A loud slap causes Lucas and I to look back at his parents.

"You are going to regret that Sof. I will give you a three second head start but you know I will always catch you. I love the chase."

A look of shock passes over Sofia's face before she looks at me and starts speaking.

"It was lovely to meet you dear. I will see you later! Bye Baby! Gotta go!"

Sofia dashes out of the kitchen, being followed by a laughing Reginald. A loud and hysterical shriek sounds from outside the house. I immediately know Sofia had been caught.

The love between the old King and Queen is apparent and I can't help but smile, imagining Lucas and I doing the same thing.

"I'm sorry baby. If I had known they were going to show up I would have warned you."

"Your parents are really nice. I'm glad I got to meet your family."

"Me too baby girl. Now let's eat! Don't want to eat cold mac and cheese."

We sat down and ate our meal, talking about nothing and everything at the same time. Before either of us knew it, it was 11 o'clock and I had grown incredibly tired.

"Lucas?" yawn "Can we go to bed?"

"Sure baby. Let's get you in bed."

I held my arms up like a little kid, waiting for Lucas to pick me up. It had easily become my favorite way to travel.

A small chuckle was heard from Lucas as he picked me up, but no complaints.

When we got up to our room, a pair of blue, silk pajama bottoms and a white cotton tank top sat on the bed with a note from Andria.

Wear me! Or don't... ;)

A laugh sounds from behind me and I know Lucas saw his sisters note.

"I mean I could go for that baby girl."

I turn my head to see a goofy smile on Lucas face and him wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I grab the pajamas and race to the bathroom, leaving a laughing Lucas behind.

I turn to see the shower and decide to take a short one before going to bed. Only problem is...

I don't know how to work this shower.

"Llluuuccaasss! Lucas!"

Fast moving footsteps sound from behind the door before a worried Lucas barges through the door, scanning the room for danger.

You know he does that a lot. Barging through doors.

You would be correct Audrey.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt? Do you feel okay?"

"Easy their wolfy. I'm fine I just need help working the shower."

"The shower? You yelled at me because you needed help with the shower?"

"You said I could always ask you for help. So I did. It's not my fault you freaked out."

Humph.

"Your right. I'm sorry. Here let me show you."

So Lucas helped me turn on the shower and pointed at the soaps in the shower. He promised to buy me my own stuff tomorrow.

After the demonstration, I take a quick shower and get dressed in the pajamas Andria left me.

Walking out of the bathroom I see a shirtless Lucas laying in bed with his arms behind his head, with him looking up at the ceiling.

"Take a picture and it will last longer."

"Shut up and make room."

Scooting over Lucas helps me get in bed. I place my head on my pillow and decide it's uncomfortable. So I do the only logical thing a person can do in this type of situation.

I put my head on Lucas chest.

Much better.

"Goodnight Lucas."

"Goodnight Audrey."

With that I fall into the best sleep I've had since I was five years old.