Chapter 24: Last Day Of School

E V A N N A

I walked to my gym locker, opening it carefully. I saw Cathryn and Claire walk past me to their lockers, whispering and laughing about something.

I quickly changed into my gym clothes and waited until we could go to the gymnasium. As soon as I heard the teacher say we could leave, I rushed out and went to class.

"Guess what we're doing?" Our gym teacher exclaimed. "Dodgeball! Split up into teams. We're joining with Mr. Mac's team.

We got split up and lucky enough, I had someone I knew on my team. Dylan was good at dodgeball and I was happy he was on my team. Owen, Cathryn, and Claire were on the same team and Owen looked miserable because he had to deal with their stupidity.

The coach blew the whistle. "Go!"

Dylan ran up to get the ball and he immediately got someone out, dodging the balls other kids threw.

Personally, I didn't want to be hit or throw. But I had to do something, so I tried catching the ones others threw.

I caught about two and both of our teams were cut down a lot already. It was around twenty kids against twenty, but it was down to less than 10 in 5 minutes.

These kids suck at dodgeball.

Dylan passed a ball to me. "Hit one of the bitches. They deserve it."

And I aimed at Owen. But it didn't do much because he dodged it.

"Not that stupid bitch," Dylan said, passing another one. "The other stupid bitch."

I laughed and threw it at Claire. It hit her stomach and she shot me a death glare which wasn't even scary compared to my brothers.

"Bitch," she mouthed to me as she walked off the court.

I shot her a smile before hitting some other kid with a ball.

I didn't know how I wasn't hit yet, and I realized Dylan was carrying almost the whole team. He caught a lot of them and got a lot of people out.

The other team had 5 kids left, we had 3. Me, Dylan, and this other girl.

On that team was Cathryn, Owen, two girls, and one boy.

The last minutes were intense because everyone was throwing balls at each other. It ended up being Me and Dylan left on our team, and Owen and Cathryn on the other.

Stupid two and twos. It was really awkward because people were watching and staring.

"This seems familiar," Owen said to me, laughing. "Playing dodgeball with each other."

"I'm pretty sure I beat you in dodgeball," I smiled, throwing a ball at him which he dodged.

"That was luck, idiot," he said, throwing one at me.

I was about to be hit when Dylan pushed me aside, the ball going past both of us.

"Can't even dodge a ball?" Dylan said jokingly.