𝐯- 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐬

a/n: I'd recommend not starting the music until it says in the story for a better experience, but that's up to y'all

a/n: I'd recommend not starting the music until it says in the story for a better experience, but that's up to y'all. Now, on with the story.

Sophie hurtled over huge rocks, fallen trees, traps, dead bodies. She had to keep running.

There was no time to stop. No time to think about all the damage and pain the Neverseen had inflicted upon everyone.

She pushed herself harder, channeling the energy into her legs, barely noticing how exhausted she was with the adrenaline flowing through her vein. She was practically flying. Racing past all the trees, everything was a blur.

You might be asking yourself, what's happening and how did she get herself in this situation? let's rewind a little.

~

Sophie suited up triple checking that she had all of her weapons neatly stored away in all the pockets of her jacket.

She had a simple looking black leather jacket with a black cotton top underneath, paired with black leggings and combat boots. Biana had insisted that they at least needed to look stylish.

To say she was nervous and worried was an understatement, nothing in the world could have prepared her for this; prepared her to be ready to go into battle with the Neverseen, no not battle, war. This was life or death, win or lose, all or nothing, she was made for this.

What scared her the most though was that she didn't feel ready.

They had been at war with them for years, but Sophie wasn't the little girl she used to be when it all began.

She had grown up and matured and even graduated from the elite levels of Foxfire, and yet, the battle raged on. Sophie took a deep breath to steady herself, but she couldn't seem to calm her nerves.

So much for being the brave, all powerful moonlark.

She hadn't realized she had company until she heard a familiar voice.

"You ready for this Foster?" Keefe's voice was shaky even though he was collectedly leaning against the doorway.

"Ready as I'll ever be." she tried to smile, but it came out more as a grimace.

Keefe seemed to notice and closed the distance between them, now standing right in front of Sophie.

She sighed.

"They expect me to be their brave and fearless leader, who can take on anything, but I- I don't think I can do it, Keefe. I'm not who they think I am. Im a coward."

Sophie started to get choked up, as a lump formed in her throat, desperately trying to hold back the tears. No. She couldn't, wouldn't cry. Now was not the time.

"Bravery has nothing to do with fear Foster. In fact, I think being scared, but facing your fears anyway is the epitome of bravery."

Keefe stepped even closer, delicately brushing back a stray hair and taking her face in his hands.