• Chapter 2 •

~ When reading, please keep your screen at a distance to avoid eye strain ~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

(Y/n)'s POV

"I'll show you the specialty of our restaurant, just you wait examiner Nakiri!" Soma announced as he wore his bandanna.

It took me a few minutes to realize that Erina was waiting for me to say something. "Uhh, yeah... What he said." I said nonchalantly while tying up my hair.

Soma went to grab some ingredients while I just stood ang tried to think of a dish to make. Hmm, an egg dish huh? I walked around and inspected the ingredients. I wanna go for something that packs a punch. My eyes landed on some baking ingredients and immediately thought of the perfect dish.

I grabbed a stand mixer with a paddle and dough hook attachment, along with all the required ingredients.

I heated up half a cup of milk for a few minutes. I took a small bowl and put some yeast and sugar into it and mixed it with a small whisk. I then added the milk which was now at 110 degrees farenheit, mixing it for a few and left it to bloom.

As I was doing this, I overhear Erina and Soma's conversation. I looked over at Soma's station and felt my lips twitch up "It's a simple dish, but very delicious." I complimented and Soma chuckled "You're trying to one up me with that fancy dish right?" He gave me a knowing smirk which I returned. "We both know that I'm a better cook than you." I chuckled and went back to my dish, listening to Soma's annoyed voice telling me that he would surpass me one day.

I went to the stand mixer with the ingredients in my hand. I sifted exactly 325 grams of flour into the bowl and added the yeast mixture along with baking soda, baking powder and half a cup of water. I used the paddle attachment and mixed it for a minute.

From my peripheral vision, I saw Erina walking closer to my station. I looked over at her "Judging from the ingredients you're using... your dish is egg benedict's, correct?" She asked as I made eye contact. I gave her a grin "Close, but no."

I stopped mixing and grabbed to dough hook attachment. "You're using that to knead? You're still a lazy cook huh?" Erina mocked and crossed her arms, looking at me with disappointment. "I would knead it myself but the dough I'm using has 75 percent hydration." I grinned at her knowingly "It would be very inconvenient to knead very sticky dough." Erina nodded in understanding. Erina watched me for a bit more, noting how I handle my ingredients delicately. She put together my ideas and figured out that I was making english muffins.

I left the dough to knead for exactly 25 minutes. While I waited, I took some spinach and added butter along with crushed garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. Frying them for a few and moving on to poaching my eggs, boiling water to the right temperature and used the whirlpool method. I cracked the eggs and dropped it in the center while simultaneously turning off the stove and covering the pot with the lid. I left it for 5 minutes and made hollandaise sauce. It consisted of three egg yolks, the juices of half a lemon, a pinch of salt and Dijon mustard. I slowly added a stick of piping hot butter which I melted earlier.

I put the sauce aside and grabbed the dough which has risen and was ready for kneading. I put some flour on the counter to avoid the dough from sticking. I got the dough and rolled it until it was half an inch thick. After that, I grabbed a biscuit cutter and cut 6 pieces. Then I put them on a rimmed baking sheet lined with cornmeal. I left them to rise again for a few minutes and preheated a skillet over medium heat.

Finally, I took the dough and put them in the skillet. I sprayed a bit of water on them so they can rise a bit even more during the cooking process. I made sure the dough was browning evenly and took note of their internal temperature, making sure that it's around 200 degrees.

And now, I noticed that Soma was already presenting his dish. I noted how Erina was belittling his dish and how Soma kept on teasing her.

I went back to my work, fully knowing that Soma will get through this one way or another.

I finally started plating my dish, grabbing the English muffin I made and put the fried spinach, followed by the poached eggs, and lastly was a generous pour of hollandaise sauce.

I grabbed the plate and presented it to Erina who looked like she was having a foodgasm. I chuckled at her expression and put my dish in front of her.

"Eggs Florentine made by yours truly." I stated with a small smirk. "Well, at least the presentation is decent." Erina said as I handed her a fork.

"It smells so good (Y/n)!" Soma compliments. I heaved out a sigh of relief. "Good to hear." I gave a thumbs up at him with a wink.

I looked at Erina who already finished my dish. "Done already? You didn't even insult it yet." I teased her, lifting up my glasses in the process with my index finger. "You already know the answer." She scoffs and put down the fork. I noted how she was still blushing. I smirked at her before untying my hair.

Soma went over to my station and crossed his arms. "So tell us..." He started "Yukihira's cooking..."

"And don't forget me." I told him with a pout. "Y-yes and (Y/n)'s cooking too." Soma sweat dropped at my sudden interruption.

"Tell us if it's delicious or not." We unconsciously said at the same time.

Erina stared at us, still with a blush on her face. She looked a little shaken and embarrassed. "It's..."

Delicious?

"Disgusting!!"

~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey! Sorry for the long wait :<

I was kind of busy with table tennis so I didn't have time to update (´⌒`;)

So while I was proofreading, I felt like I was just reading about how to cook eggs florentine instead of feeling like I was reading a story lol. I'll come back and probably fix that (╥ω╥')

Hope you enjoyed reading

Love ya! ♥