Kyra's Library ( 40 )

We looked in the direction of the sound. Standing behind a large wooden desk was a tall and tan middle-aged woman. Her hair was a colorless white. She wore a long pale blue dress and a black hood that was down.

Her face showed her angry as she held her finger to her mouth in a shushing motion.

"Quiet.", She hissed.

We all were deathly silent in fear of another flying book. Alex was still rubbing the spot on his head where the book had hit him.

Ty quietly shuffled up to the wooden desk where the woman stood.

"Kyra?", He asked bearly above a whisper.

She said nothing as she only stared at Ty seemingly studying him. It was silent as her eyes bore into him, but Ty never even flinched under her cold gaze. When she spoke her voice was cold and lifeless.

"Tyranis Tiber Sigourney, Elemental Dragon Rider, Lord of Lightning, Son of the Grand Duchess Chelsea and the Grand Duke Beldon."

Ty physique cracked at the last word however he quickly recovered and straighten his posture and spoke.

"We're looking-", He started but Kyra cut him off.

"We're closed.", She said as pointed to her left.

Where a small white sign with red wording hung saying closed.

"Look, sweetheart, it's been a long and hot day. Help us out?", Jason pleaded.

"Jason Lee Lockwood, Dragon Rider, Son of Austin and Skylar Lockwood."

"Why does she do that?", Jason asked us.

"It's what she does. She knows everything about everyone and thing.", Ty explained sighing deeply.

Roy then walked up to her and took his shot.

"Kyra, please we need your help. People are going to get hurt if you don't."

"Roy Peterson, Dragon Rider, Adopted son of Joe and Anna Peterson, Blood son of Paul Winfield and Diana Ross."

"Wait. What! I'm adopted!"

"Yes, and if you think I'm going to change my answer because some mortals will die your wrong. I made that same mistake before. Trying to save people by giving them the wisdom they seek will always lead to death. It everyone's fate to die.", Kyra lamented.

"If you believe that then you have to fix your mistake," I spoke up. She looked at me but said nothing.

"People died because you gave them their dream but it tuned out to be others nightmares. When you help Zeref hundreds of people died and more will if you don't fix the problem you created."

She sat perfectly still as she stared at me with an unreadable expression. I tried to hold myself up like Ty did under her gaze, but I presumed I looked foolish. It was only moments before she spoke but it felt like hours under her gaze.

"Larisa Highlander, Elemental Dragon Rider, Daughter of Edward Highlander and... Evelyn. Hello, little bird.", Krya smiled.

"Little Bird?"

"Oh, it what's your mother called you before you were born. Eve wanted to wait to name until she saw you. For the perfect name. It was sadly the last word she spoke but still, I believe she chose well. Maria and I were both there that day. I can say no words to express my pain for you, but I can help you in any way I can. My Library is yours."

"You knew my mother?"

"Yes, Eve came here many years ago with Maira same as you. When I turned them away Eve yelled at me too.", she laughed, " Eve was an amazing woman. She'd be proud of you for becoming a rider and the woman you've become. Now, go find what you came here for. I won't keep you."

"But-"

"Go, go. I won't disturb you. But be quiet. This is a library.", Kyra said as she shooed us away.

She didn't stop pushing us till we were in a whole new section of the library. Then she disappeared.

"What just happened?", Alex asked aloud.

"I'm Adopted.", Roy said still in shock.

"Well, nothing I knew was true and I can't breathe right now", I stated.

"Okay let's just sit you down for a moment.", Ty said as he helped me down onto a wooden bench.

"What about me!?", Roy said hurt.

"I got you, bubby.", Alex confronted as he led Roy away.

"Jason", Ty started," go try and find a book on the light of Spero or something."

"What! Now? I don't even know where to start."

"Use the Dewey decimal system.", Ty said as he waved him off.

Jason then stomped off angry. When he was out of sight Ty turned to me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just confused and a little overwhelmed. That's all."

"That's understandable. Do you what to talk about it? I'm always here if you do."

"Not at the moment, no... So lord of lightning, huh. Where'd that come from?", I asked trying to change the topic.

"That was not my idea, sadly. The title was given to me a lifetime ago.", Ty laughed.

"Well, I like it. Makes you sound powerful.", I smiled.

"That's why it was given to me. When my brother and I became elementals we were charged with protecting the kingdom where we were born. We didn't have much choice in the matter but what our father said went. Our father was the Grand Duke to an idot king. He gave us titles that his enemy would fear, and we became his perfect weapons. Although, this was all back when people knew about dragons and Zeref was still asleep so there were no evil armies.", Ty explained.

"Oh. I see. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Most of my past wasn't very pleasant. But there are times that have made me smile just thinking about it."

"Like what?"

"My mother."

"What was she like?"

"She and my father had an arranged marriage for kingdom politics. He wasn't very nice to her but she was still the kindest and strongest person I have ever meet. One moment she was making jelly tarts. The next she's sharping her sword to good to war. She was a dragon rider too, but she wasn't an Elemental like me."

"She sounds nice."

"She was. Now come on we have a book to find.", He smiled.