25 - DESTROYED

"We can't take 'em all on." Daryl grumbles again as we watch Rick talk to the Governor. "We'll go through the admin building, through the woods like we planned. We ain't got the numbers no more. When's the last time someone checked the stash on the bus?"

"Day before we hit the Big Spot." Sasha answers him. "We were running low on rations then. We're lower now."

"Yeah, we'll manage." Daryl says. "Things go south, everyone heads for that bus. Let everybody know."

"What if everybody doesn't know when things go bad?" Tyreese questions him. "How long do we wait?"

"As long as we can."

Daryl starts handing out weapons before he hands me a rifle, a fully loaded one and I took it. After he's done handing out weapons, we placed the barrel of the guns we have onto the chain links.

"That douche is just full of surprises. Can't believe he's still alive." I mutter to Daryl and Carl, my fingers itching to pull the trigger of this gun as the man grumbles, "Me neither."

"We got to do something." Carl tells the both of us.

"Your dad's got it." Daryl tells him.

"They're talking. We could kill the Governor right now." Carl reasons but I don't think it's a good idea. He's too far, he might not hit him and if he does, that will start another war.

"From 50 yards?" Daryl questions him.

"I'm a good shot." He ain't wrong about that but a lot of things could still go wrong. "I could end this right now."

"Yeah, or you could start something else." Daryl states and it's a high possibility. "You got to trust him."

So, we watch as Rick and the Governor exchange words. I can hear the former trying to convince the Governor that we could all live in here, but I highly doubt that and from the looks of the latter, he knows it ain't gonna work out either.

The Governor then comes down from the tank and grabs Michonne's katana from one of his men, before placing it on Hershel's neck. My hands tighten the grip on the gun as my finger itches even more to pull the trigger. The sound of Beth and Maggie crying for their dad, hurts me emotionally. Not Hershel, please, not him.

A good man doesn't deserve a bad ending.

For a moment, I could see the Governor staying still, as if he's changed his mind on what he's about to do.

But in one swift movement, the Governor swings the katana onto Hershel's neck.

The screams from Maggie and Beth became distant as I go in shock, watching as the blood oozes from their father's neck, and he falls onto the ground. That's when the guns started going off.

Aggressively and with tears in my eyes, I fired my gun alongside Daryl and Carl. My aim is locked onto the Governor but I can't seem to hit him, only the ones around him. At this point, I don't even care where I hit them, I only care about hitting the Governor.

Rick hides behind the bus and bullets started flying close to us, so we back up. The tank destroys the fence and moves towards us, then fires at the building. That's when I remember two people.

"Lizzie and Mika," I mutter underneath my breath before turning to Daryl and Carl. "I have to find the kids!"

"Go!" My best friend tells me before I run off.

I go running inside the cellblock, shouting Lizzie and Mika's name. Seconds later of trying to find them, I heard their voices call me and I see the two blondes along with Lucas and another girl, holding Judith who's sat in a baby carrier car seat. I sighed in relief before running towards them.

"We have to go." I hug them quickly before we run out through the back.

"Wait, we have to help them." Lizzie stops running and turns to me.

"Lizzie, we gotta get you on the bus." I told her, remembering that that's where the other people are. "It's not safe here anymore."

"We have to help them."

I grunt underneath my breath before nodding. I looked at Lucas and the other girl. "You two hide here," I point behind the wall of another cellblock. "Take Judith with you and we'll come back."

Lucas and the girl nods before Mika gives them Judith. I kissed the baby's cheek then we ran off. When we got by the gates, I saw Tyreese hiding behind the plants and there's two people shooting at him.

We ran towards them without them noticing, and before I could raise my gun, Lizzie had already shot the man in the head. I had no time to be shocked by what she did, because the moment my eyes made contact with the woman and as soon as I saw her make a small movement, I aimed my gun and shot her in the head. I could feel the shock run through me as she falls onto the ground, dead.

The first life I took.

I lower my gun down, dismissing my shock before looking at Tyreese. I told Lizzie and Mika to go back and get Judith. "Come on."

"The bus is this way." Tyreese tells me but follows me otherwise.

When we reached Lizzie and Mika, the older girl was carrying Judith and the two others kids were nowhere to be seen. Mika shook her head and I sighed in devastation.

"We have to go." Lizzie tells all of us and Tyreese nods, taking Judith from her.

"W-Wait." I said with heavy breathing. I gulped and tried to calm myself down as I speak. "I have to find Carl."

Tyreese grabs my hand before I could leave. "We have to go, Farren. It's too risky."

I pulled my arm away from him. "I have to find Carl."

When I turned around and saw walkers, I started shooting them in the head. The smoke got in my lungs and I started coughing. Goddamnit! Now's not the time to be weak! Get it together, Farren.

"Farren, there's no time! We have to leave." I hear Mika say but I shooked my head.

My goal was to run and try to find Carl, but the girl had already held my hand tightly and looked at me with those eyes telling me that we have to go. I glanced back, seeing Judith coughing a little. My heart aches, taking a long look back, before sighing.

I'm sorry, Carl.

"Let's go."

The four of us run out of the prison, Tyreese carrying Judith, and we don't look back as we got farther and farther away from the prison. Farther away from the place we've worked hard on to keep, to secure, to make it a place where everyone can live in.

We ran farther and farther away from what was left of our destroyed home.

—~—

so i decided that farren's going with tyreese and the kids and have a little reunion with carol. she and carl won't be seeing each other for a while, which is sad, but hey, they'll see each other soon!