Girlfriend

Present

"I kissed you. I did. I knew I did." Young Bae finally spoke and smiled sadly. "It's not a secret that I liked you when we were younger. You were always beautiful in my eyes. Every time I see you — and this is cliché — but you shined Bae Choon-he. You were my sun."

She felt every nerve in her body pulsate faster. Hearing those words from him made her heart so elated that she felt like she would faint any moment. The actress wanted to confess right then but her mouth couldn't even utter a single word. She just grinned from ear to ear and looked at the man with fondness.

Young Bae stood in front of her but looked away with what seemed to be tears forming in his eyes. "You were my sun .." He repeated. "I've always wondered for years what it would be like to press my lips to yours .. And it finally happened. I felt like I was floating. I couldn't even think straight. " He chuckled shyly then changed to a serious tone. "And I knew I did wrong. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry."

"No!" Ash blurted out. "I mean, I was the one who initiated it. If you're worried about Ji Yong or the others —"

"It's worse than that, Choon-he. I —" He sighed then contemplated for a second. He suddenly walked past her and grabbed the bucket with eels. "Let's eat first and talk later. Come on."

She blinked a couple of times before following Young Bae. She was kind of disappointed that their 'talk' ended like that again but she was sure that she'll get the truth out of him by the end of their trip.

They went back to the restaurant and gave the eels to the old man. Surprisingly, the place was empty when they got there.

"You caught big ones, that's impressive." The owner said and took the bucket to the kitchen.

The two sat on a table across each other quietly. It was so awkward that Ash Lee's hands started to sweat like an open tap. As she was about to open her mouth, the old man came back with rice wine and kimbap rolls.

"I prepared this beforehand. Congratulations to you two. I hope you give birth to lovely children." He smiled genuinely.

The actress choked on her own saliva and turned pink. "Give birth?" She gasped.

"You should!" The old man exclaimed. "We need more beautiful faces like yours." He chuckled and walked away from their table.

"Children ..." She shuddered.

Young Bae raised an eyebrow at her. "Of course we'll have babies. I'll make sure that they'll love each other. I can just imagine it." He grinned happily.

The woman's eyes glowed again from the idea. She couldn't believe that she's finally having this conversation with him. "O-of course. They'll have that special bond, too."

The topic of having children seemed to peak his interest. The two talked about it for a long time and Young Bae mused on how many children he wanted to have, emphasizing on how he would like to have a baby girl.

"You seem to have already put a lot of thought in starting a family." Ash noticed.

Young Bae put a hand on the back of his neck and looked away shyly. "Well yeah, it has been running on my mind, especially these days."

She glanced at him, surprised. "Are you ready to start a family?"

"I'd like to think so." He smiled.