CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

Sol had managed to get Rey and Luke into Luke's hut. They all seated around a small fire that Sol started.

"Before you tell us the message how did you find us?" Luke asked splitting a piece of bread that the caretakers had given them.

"I didn't spend 10 plus years at your academy for just Jedi training. Your navigation lessons where invaluable." Sol smirked. "As where the old texts you stashed. You're terrible at hiding things."

The old Jedi Master looked taken aback but eventually nodded. Even Rey cracked a small smile.

"What was the message Kylo wanted to send?" Rey pressed eagerly. Sol reached into her robes and pulled out a sealed piece of paper. It had been sitting in a pocket in her robes and there had been many times where Sol had taken it out and contemplated breaking the seal and reading the contents even if they were not her words to consume, but alas Rey carefully took the sealed letter. She took a moment to open the parchment, Luke looking over her shoulder.

"What does it say?" Sol asked from across Rey. Rey looked up from the paper with a frown.

"It's a set of coordinates." She informed the young gray Jedi with confusion laced in her voice. Sol reached forward and snatcher the paper from the young force user and looked it over. Indeed, it was a pair of coordinates but as she fumbled with the paper another slipped out, this one addressed to Sol in neat black ink. She pulled the second paper and out quickly read it, her heart rate rapidly increasing. Sol stood and walked out of the hut with the paper in her hand. Rey made a sound of protest and followed the young woman out of the hut.

"Where are you going?" When called after her. Without looking back Sol replied.

"To put in the coordinates in my ship and have a talk with a Sith Lord."

-----------

"Why?" Sol asked the black-clad figure standing with their back to her. He didn't turn.

"Ben."

He turned. Sol hadn't said his name since he proclaimed himself as Kylo Ren.

"You sent a separate letter apart from the little threat note you left Rey and Luke addressed to me. You gave me coordinates to your base. What do you want me to do? Blow it up? Visit you?" Sol took a step towards him. She frowned. Something was off he was too quiet.

"Kylo?"

"I took your advice." He muttered. Sol gave him a confused look. She was thrilled he followed through with their agreement, but his reaction was far from what she had expected.

"And?" She prompted hoping to get him to spill whatever was bothering him.

"The light." He whispered as if he thought someone was listening. As thought the words hurt to say. Sol straightened at this sudden revelation. She had asked him to mediate in their rule of balance but never had he reported such a startling discovery.