26 | get through this

The sound of rustling woke Jovie in the morning. The warmth of Bellamy's body was missing as she laid alone in the bed. Her eyes fluttered open as she saw Bellamy moving about his tent, collecting his things.

"Where are you going?" She asked, sitting up. He glanced over at her before he kept moving.

"We're going to find the Exodus ship," he said. She swung her legs over and immediately started getting dressed. "You're not coming." She whipped her eyes up to look at him.

"Bellamy."

"Jo, I said no. You're not off the hook yet from yesterday," he said. "You're staying here with Octavia."

"What about Finn?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips. He was a part of the meeting with the Grounders too and she had a feeling he wasn't going to be held back like she was.

"We need him to track," he said as he grabbed his bag and walked out of the tent. She followed after him.

"I can track just as well as Finn can!" She said. Bellamy sighed, having expected Jovie to not just let this happen without arguing first.

"I need you to stay here and help Miller guard," he said. Maybe if he gave her something important to do then she would give in. "Make sure nothing happens. They listen to you too, you know." Jovie rolled her eyes. "Please. You're the only one I trust enough to keep them safe." He was just trying to flatter her so she would stay, and as much as she wanted to go, she realized it was just not going to happen. Fighting with Bellamy over a mission like this wasn't worth it to her. Usually when she disobeyed his orders, he would get mad and then get over it. This time she had a feeling it wouldn't be so simple, not after what had happened the day before with the Grounders.

"Whatever," she mumbled.

"Don't be mad."

"I'm not mad," she said. He gave her a look like he didn't believe her. She overly forced a smile, which she meant to look fake, and he just rolled his eyes in response. She wasn't actually mad, but she did wish she was going. It was strange because it was dangerous, but she would always rather be out there than stuck in there. Most of the delinquents were too scared to leave the camp, but that was all she wanted to do. It's not that she didn't like it there, but she felt more useful outside of those walls than inside of them.

Jovie followed Bellamy over as he met up with the others, including Clarke, Raven and Finn. Jovie approached Clarke first, considering they were kind of going to see if her mom was alive, which no one thought she was. She was supposed to be on the Exodus and by the way that it came down, it wasn't looking good.

"Hey, you okay?" Jovie asked. Clarke gave a tight lipped smile, one that showed she wasn't okay but was trying to be.

"Keep them safe," Clarke said without answering the girl's original question. Jovie wasn't going to push her because she knew what having a parent die felt like, so she just nodded her head.

"Yeah, you too," Jovie replied as she squeezed Clarke's arm. This time Clarke gave her a more genuine smile. The two blondes didn't always see eye-to-eye, but they had an undeniable amount of respect for each other. Jovie thought Clarke was a natural-born leader and Clarke thought Jovie was one of the fiercest fighters she had ever met. The two girls would always have each other's backs.

Jovie walked over to Raven and Finn next, the two she had gotten especially close with.

"Don't die on me," she said to the two of them. They weren't going on a particularly dangerous mission, but on the ground, anything could happen. Raven laughed, throwing her arm around Jovie.