27 | family

When Jovie stormed into her tent, she saw Octavia was already in there. Octavia glanced back to see Jovie had a conflicted look on her face.

"Sometimes your brother really pisses me off," she said dully. Octavia let out a short laugh.

"Join the club," she said. Jovie understood why Bellamy hated her brother, but if it was Octavia in this situation he wouldn't be so quick to leave her for dead.

"What's that?" Jovie asked, looking over to see Octavia had an old journal in her hand.

"It's Lincoln's," Octavia told her. Jovie then remembered having seen it when they tortured him. Octavia flipped through the pages, pausing when she landed on a page with a drawing of her. She ran her fingers across the page.

"Who knew you'd end up with a Grounder," Jovie teased.

"Who knew you'd end up with my brother," Octavia shot back with a smile. Jovie groaned and hid her face in her hands. Octavia laughed. "Don't worry, I'm actually rooting for you guys. You're good for each other."

Jovie's head suddenly started pounding when she took her hands off her face and she wobbled back a bit when black dots filled her vision.

"Jo, you okay?" Octavia asked, reaching over to steady her friend. It was when blood started streaming from Jovie's eyes that Octavia knew something was really wrong. "Bellamy!" She screamed. Just as Bellamy rushed into the tent, which didn't take long at all so he must have already been on his way, Jovie collapsed to the ground.

"Jovie," he said, leaning down to check her breathing. Her heart was racing and she had sweat covering her skin. She was the first one to find Murphy and now she was sick. Bellamy knew he wasn't supposed to touch her because Clarke said the disease spread through contact, but he had to get her into the dropship where Clarke could help her. Jovie was barely awake as she felt Bellamy lift her in his arms. "Come on, Sunshine, stay awake." Her head rolled until it was pressed up against his chest as she struggled to stay awake.

"What's going on?" Octavia asked desperately as she followed her brother out as he carried Jovie to the dropship.

"Did you touch Murphy yesterday?"

"I don't know. I guess so. Why?" She asked.

"The Grounders sent him here with a virus to infect us. Derek just died from it, another mark for your boyfriend's book," he said. He looked down at the blonde in his arms, frowning deeply. He didn't even want to think of the possibility of Jovie dying from it. He didn't think he could handle that. No, he knew he couldn't handle that. "Clarke needs to examine you."

"She needs to look at Jovie first," Octavia said. For once, Bellamy didn't disagree. As of right now Octavia wasn't showing any symptoms, but Jovie was.

"Clarke, it's Jovie," Bellamy said as he walked into the dropship. Clarke immediately rushed over to examine Jovie.

"You shouldn't be touching her," Clarke said. "You're going to get sick."

"I wasn't going to just leave her," he argued as he set her gently onto the ground where they had set up areas for the infected.

"Go disinfect your hands," Clarke said. Just as Bellamy went to walk away, Jovie leaned over and threw up blood, coughing and gasping for air as she did. He immediately turned around to help her, but Clarke stopped him. "Bellamy, you're not going to be able to help her if you're sick too." He looked defeated as he watched Jovie slumped on the ground, covered in her own blood. "I'll take care of her, don't worry." He reluctantly nodded his head, taking a step back so Clarke could have some space. She was more useful to Jovie than he was anyway. "Octavia, I need to examine you." Octavia stepped forward so Clarke could do what she had to, but Octavia was still worried about her best friend that was laying on the ground below her.