Chapter 40

🎉Chapter 40 baby!🎉
Derick's P.O.V

I was busy looking through some papers when I heard the door burst open and in came Juliana, in tears.

I stood from my seat and went towards her, quickly pulling her into my arms.

"Jewel, what's wrong?"
She didn't answer but kept sobbing into my chest.
"Juliana?"

"Derick" she hiccuped, I cupped her face and looked into her red eyes.

"Tell me what's wrong?" I asked softly.
"My mom, I ignored her call"
I looked at her confused.
"Why did you do that?"
"They found out Derick! About us! It's bad! I don't know what to do! Everyone's judging me! Derick! They won't stop staring!"

I didn't know what to do except pull her closer and I sat down on the leather sofa and pulled her onto my lap.

She rested her head on my chest and we just sat there until I heard her breathing even.

She's asleep.

I sighed and gently laid her down and went to the desk.
I picked up the office phone and called Paige in.

I heard a knock and said a soft 'come in' not wanting to wake up Jewel.

I'll make whoever that made her cry like that pay.

"Sir, you asked to see me?" Paige said giving a nervous glance at Juliana before turning her head to me.

"Would you like to tell me what happened? I know for a fact she was supposed to be at lunch with you"
"I guess you don't know either Mr. Reid"

She walked over to me and pulled out her phone.

I took it and scrolled through the article before I felt my blood boil.

I wanted to break this phone and I think Paige sensed that because she grabbed the phone out of my hands earning a glare from me making her quickly apologize.

I sighed and swirled my chair before hearing the door burst open for the second time today.

I looked up expecting to see another crying morsel but instead I saw angry eyes belonging to none other than Issac Miller.

"You better-" we cut him off by shushing him and pointing to Juliana.

He makes an oh face and looks at Paige before nodding at her and that was Paige's queue to leave.

"When did you find out?" He asked his eyes going serious again.
"Right now, what about you?"
"I was supposed to be in Florida but cancelled my flight when I saw this and rushed over here, I'm guessing she didn't take it well?"

I ran my hand over my face and started getting angry again remembering the way they talked about her.

"Take it well?! They wrote actual sh*t about her! And you expect me to just sit here and watch her suffer?! I'm going to kill whoever was responsible for this! I need you to do some digging, I'm going to destroy that person and this journalist company!"

"Calm down buddy, I'll do the digging but don't kill the man and you didn't even need to ask, I would've done it anyway, I'd like to give whoever that hurt Julie a piece of my mind just as much as you do"