Chapter 4

Monday

I wake up with the sunlight streaming in my eyes. One thing I didn't miss about this place. I really need to do something about these pathetic curtains. I smell breakfast downstairs and head down to eat. Shit. I forgot that I am starting school today. I quickly get dressed and curl the tips of my hair. My hair is naturally straight and I think it is so boring. Rosie is also starting a new daycare today. My mom even offered to quit her job so she could watch her while I am at school. I wouldn't let her do that because that would be selfish of me.

I get her ready and then myself, which I think I look fine. Fine enough for school. I drive her off to SunnyKids Daycare and preschool center. It is a pretty fancy place. If you didn't guess, my mom paid for it. To my surprise, I see Ryder's mother there. I didn't know she had another kid. I turn around and start to walk quicker.

"Beth, Bethany, Bethany Taylor," I hear Melany, Ryder's mom, yell. I slowly turn around my cheeks turning a shade of pink.

"Hey, Mel, how are you?" I ask

"Good, you?" She replied. This is awkward, we used to be so close when I lived here, like a second mother.

"Fine, doing good." Then Rosie makes says mama, or a word close to that. She looks at her in surprise.

"And who is this little one," She asked and I immediately get nervous.

"Ummm, my daughter, Rosie, " I say. Her eyes widen and then she looks down and takes a good look at Rosie.

"And who's the father of this beautiful girl," She reaches down in the car seat and tickles her stomach, making Rosie giggle.

"She kind of looks like Ryder when he was a baby." This makes me let out a gasp of surprise. I didn't think she would guess or even remotely think that it was him. But they do look alike sooo... When I stay silent she again looks at me in surprise.

"No, he not the," I nod my head," Does Ryder know," She says seriously, then she gets excited, "I'm a grandma."

"Ryder doesn't know about her, and you can't tell him, please," I say.

"You can't keep it from him forever," She replies.

"I won't, I just..... need time, I mean it was a one night stand for god's sake," I say and she gasps.

"I always told him if he kept being a manwhore he would get a woman pregnant," This makes me giggle. Mel has always been the cool, chill mom. She had Ryder when she was 20.

"Well, I got to go, bye," I say.

"Goodbye dear."

I take Rosie to the front desk and sign her in. Rosie has minor separation anxiety, but it's not bad, just a few sniffles. I was grateful for that. I looked at the clock on my car and realized that I was about 20 minutes late to 1st period.

When I get to school I hear the bell ringing signaling that first period is over and to go to 2nd. I walk in and some of the kids look at me weird. I look at the schedule and see that I have second period Math with Mr. Linton. That kind of disappoints me. Ryder's dad teaches math here and he is always nice to everyone, especially mwah. Ryder's family has always loved me.

I walk up to room B 125 or Mr. Linton's room and step in the door. Inside I see people that I knew from a year ago but weren't really close with. Great, I know nobody in this class. I then glance at the only empty seat in the room. Right next to Ryder freaking Jenkins.

"Hey babe," He says when I sit down.

"I'm not your babe Ryder, never have and never will," I reply

"Are you forgetting that one night at the-," I cut him off because I really don't want to think about that. I make me feel guilty for not telling him about Rosie. Ryder and I's relationship has always been weird. We fight a lot but we are close and support each other.

"Ryder," I cut him off with a sharp tone."That night was an accident and will never happen again, we were both really drunk too."

"I wasnt that drunk," I hear him whisper turning away his head form me to face the board. Before I could mention it though, I hear the teacher call me and Ryder's name.

¨No talking in my class children," I already hate him.

I spend the rest of the day in pure torture. I just want to get home to my baby. When the final bell finally rings I sigh in relief. I walk, or should I say run, out of the building as fast as I can. I hop in the car and drive home. This was a stressful day.