𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐭𝐮𝐛

———✰———

"That's better" Veronica smiled as she took off El's makeup and the dirt and blood that caked her face, making her touch the top of her head as she looked into the mirror.

"You don't need it" Veronica assured referring to the blonde wig.

"Still pretty?" Eleven asked.

"Gorgeous" Veronica reassured.

"E?" Veronica called making said girl turn to her.

"Yes?" Eleven asked her back.

Veronica returned the question with a hug and whispered "I'm really glad your back"

"It's Lucas!" Dustin shouted as he and Mike burst into the bathroom "we think he's in trouble" causing the four to go to the intercom in the basement "do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?"

"Yeah" Veronica nodded.

"What if he found it?" Mike said picking up the intercom that they could here Lucas' voice going in and out of signal.

"What's he saying?" Veronica asked.

"I don't know he's way out of range" Dustin responded.

"Son of a bitch!" Lucas' voice came through.

"Lucas, if you can hear us slow down we can't understand you" Mike spoke into the intercom.

"Yes, I copy! Do you? They know about Eleven! Get out of here! They know about Eleven! The bad men are coming!" Lucas' voice came through crackling so it was impossible to understand.

"Mad hen. Does that mean something to either of you? Like a code name or something?" Dustin asked trying to understand.

"The bad men are coming!" Lucas' voice came through this time understandable.

"Bad men" Mike muttered understanding. Before he looked at Veronica and Dustin and repeated it louder.

"Stay here," Mike told Veronica and El protectively.

5 minutes later Dustin and Mike ran down the stairs and grabbed the girls as they ran to their bikes El riding on the bad of Veronica's again.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go" Dustin yelled as they rode off with the bad men following in their vans.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God" Dustin freaked out.

"Dustin! Dustin, do you copy?" Lucas' voice asked into said boys earpiece so only he could hear him.

"Yeah, Lucas, they're on us," Dustin said.

"Where are you?" Lucas asked.

"Cornwallis" Dustin answered.