Chapter 10

"See I wanna stay the whole nightI wanna lay with you till the sun's upI wanna let you insideOh, heaven knows I've triedI wish that I could let you loveWish that I could let you love me"

I wanna lay with you till the sun's up
I wanna let you inside
Oh, heaven knows I've tried
I wish that I could let you love
Wish that I could let you love me"

"See I wanna stay the whole nightI wanna lay with you till the sun's upI wanna let you insideOh, heaven knows I've triedI wish that I could let you loveWish that I could let you love me"

Delilah's POV

Walking into the courtyard, I bit my lip as a few people looked over to me. Kimiko was busy and would be coming to join me for lunch in a matter of minutes. Having her not by my side regularly made me realize how much the students looked at me and boy, was it a lot. I did my best to ignore them as the majority of them were having their own conversations. I stood at the fruit section, and I felt someone's gaze on me. 

I looked up and sighed internally. Luca sat staring at me from across the room, and the look on his face was sinister. There was a seat open in front of him, and I knew that was a clear indication that I was supposed to sit there. Why can't I just enjoy my damn lunch? 

A hand found the small of my back, and I jumped and looked to the person. Since I was previously looking at Luca, I knew it wasn't him and when I saw who it was, a blush came to my face and I turned away from his eyes. I tried to step away from his hand, but he continued to walk with me as I looked at the different choices to choose from. 

" Hello, Delilah.. " He said, and my name rolled off of his tongue. 

" Hi, Archer... Where have you been? " I said softly trying to ease the awkwardness I felt. I could hear the smirk in his voice as he spoke.

" Have you been looking for me? I'm flattered.. " 

I shrugged. " No.. I.. saw that you weren't in your usual classes... " 

" Hmm sure... If you didn't know, when my father deems it necessary, I work on my studies at the office to assist him whenever he needs an extra set of hands. Although, I do appreciate your concern " I went to speak but, I sensed him getting slightly closer, and he whispered.

" I also notice you're getting a lot of attention from across the room. "

" Unwanted attention. " I said, and he chuckled causing a weird feeling to go through my body. God, what is going on with me?