Chapter Nineteen

⚠️
...........................

Did time always pass so slowly? Did the sun always have this tendency to hide from me? Maybe it was the ominous feeling that seemed to fill the room. Or maybe it was the undeniable heat that had started to lick at my insides that made the ticking of the clock seem slower than normal.

After I had sat down the heat had started not too long after. My skin felt itchy, though I sat there bare. Hours had to have passed, my wounds no longer ached with pain, instead, my heated flesh distracted me from knowing when the pain had stopped and when the heat had begun. The bedsheets had felt good against my flesh at first but slowly, as the night progressed the silky sheets had become too much. Even sweat started to bead on my forehead.

I looked around the room, the only window was closed but the blinds were pulled back showing off the brilliant light coming from the moon. I snarled at its luminous sight. The Moon in all her glory watched me even now. I could feel her disappointment, I could feel her hatred for the creature she had accidentally created. My wolf felt my anger, he understood but he stood up for her. A loyal creature he was and housed in a body that detested our creator, we were a pitiful duo.

Standing up I made my way to the window, teeth bared. I wanted to challenge her, tear into her surface. If only she hadn't made me, if only she hadn't made a mistake, I would have been spared.

My hands reached out toward the windows glass panel. Coolness greeted me, giving me temporary relief from the bubbling heat.

Heat.

It was too soon, my body may have become healthier in recent weeks but I was sure that it was to soon to experience another heat.

A surge of pain hit me as if mocking my thoughts, and I felt the urge to be outside, to be fully immersed in the moon's light. A laugh escaped me at the contradiction of it all.

I craved her light, her presence, I wanted her protection but I knew the contempt she felt towards me.

I killed her child.

I killed a mate of one of her beloved Weres. I was the cause of wolves going astray. I was the cause of a pack's fall. I made an Alpha betray his mate. I ruined the future she had in place.

Without realizing what I was doing I suddenly found myself outside. I felt shots of a prickling pain in my hand and as I looked down blood coated my clenched fist. Enchanted. Looking back up into her eye, I felt her judgment.

The heat continued to grow hotter, it's desire for a mate, for the protection of another, for a secure future was strong. A heat that wasn't supposed to happen until my wolf decided it was time, yet was forced because of my inability to be a good Omega. A heat that would continue until I chose to end my suffering because I would never find a mate. I would never find a place. A heat that mocked me under the moon's delight.

Pierce had been my lie.

Alpha had been my dream.

Kain had been my destiny.

But as the scent of him became stronger I realized.

Beta was whom I belonged to.

He was where I was supposed to be.

I had to make amends with the moon. I had to right my own birth. My heat called to him but the scent of Pierce's blood followed it and I felt my heart clench.

No!

Turning my gaze away from the glowing orb, I found Beta standing at the edge of the property. Almost disguised by the trees. As I locked gazes with him, I felt no fear. The only fear I felt was the fear that Pierce was dead.