t h i r t y f i v e

"YOU GOTTA GO faster, Levi!" Noah exclaimed while sitting on the front of the luggage cart, his equally stupid friend pushing from behind as we make our way towards the sliding arrival doors

"That's your mans." Vera nudges Penn playfully as we walk side by side together, laughing lightly at her boyfriend. We were still giggling as we walk through the doors, the light from outside blinding me as we walk out into the arrival terminal. 

I spot my mother instantly and it was definitely because of the large, bedazzled sign she was holding high above her head. She's the person I got my don't-give-a-single-fuck attitude from. She did what made her happy, an apparently stick on gems and crafting made her extremely happy. 

I can't help but smile when I see her, racing past Levi and Noah and almost bulldoze my poor mother over as I wrap my arms around her. 

"Oh my darling!" She wheezes through a laugh as she hugs me back tightly. I close my eyes briefly, reminiscing in her contact. I step back as she cups my face with her hands and smiles up at me, "I've missed you so much." 

"Me too, mom." I grin back before my eyes flicker to the rather large man standing next to her. It was almost comical because my mother was incredibly small and he was at least six foot. I pause and blink up at him, "You must be David." 

"That would be correct." He nods with an adorable lopsided grin. I let my mother go as I step towards him and give him a quick hug as he chuckles, "It's nice to finally meet you, Hayden. You're mom has told me so much about you." 

"Good things I hope." I laugh lightly as I glance at my mother, "But then again she once told my middle school art teacher I wanted to be a stripper so...

Everyone laughs along as my mother blushes slightly at the embarrassing memory. I then turn around, seeing all my smiling friends standing there and I gesture an arm towards them. 

"Mom, David, these are my friends." I introduce them as Vera steps forward, opening her arms towards my mother like Vera does. 

"Come here, Mama." She beams brightly as my mom giggles and they hug. 

After introductions, that I'm surprised went extremely easy without yet another humiliating anecdote by my mother dearest, we all heaved our bags into the back of David's large Range Rover. Mom had bought her own little grey Peugeot so all the girls climb in that while the guys go with David and all of our luggage.

Mom and Vera got along so well, the two of them chatting away in the front while Pen and I sat in the back. Penn, slightly travel sick from the flight, lays her head on my lap and tries to sleep as I run my hands through her gorgeous scarlet locks. 

I breathe heavily, relaxing back into the leather seat as I stare out the window, watching as the sandy dunes becomes a large, familiar ocean and I smile. Here's to the next seven stress-free days .Hell yes.