Chapter thirteen-Try to make amends

I got in my school uniform ready for school. If I'm honest I'm dreading this school day because today is the day I try to make amends with April.

***

I arrived at school where Tess was waiting for me, normally it's Tess and April waiting for me but I guess April wouldn't wait after what happened.

***

School was fine but it turns out April didn't come in today. That's why I'm standing at April's door right now. The big wooden door looks as if it's looming over me, the dark shadow cascading down on my face like a stream of water. The light autumn sky made the shadow seem bigger and engulf me in darkness. I raised my shaking hand hesitantly wondering if I should just walk away. I can do this another time I told myself. Stop procrastinating just knock on the door.
So I did.

April's mum answered, her hair is in a neat ballet bun that goes well with her business outfit. She's waiting a skirt that goes down to her knees with a blouse tucked into it. Her black blazer is neatly done up and fitted perfectly, she is also wearing shiny high heels (even though she's inside) that match her blazer and skirt.

"Hey Addison, I Haven't seen you in ages."

"Hi, can I see April?" I asked timidly. I've always been nervous in front of April's mum, I think it's because she has that high-importance-power vibe.

"Oh. I don't know if she wants visitors," her mum replied suddenly not as welcoming as before.

"I just need to go over some homework, it won't take long," I said looking up at her with pleading eyes.

"Fine. She's upstairs in her room," April's mum said curtly.

I walked awkwardly around her trying to avoid as much eye contact as possible.

The hallway area before the stairs is big leaving enough room to have a table with some flowers in the middle of it. I stood before the massive staircase willing myself to go up.

***

From the outside of April's room I can hear her sad music blasting through the walls.

Knocking lightly on the door I walked in. April is laying on her bed doing something on her phone. Her hairs in a messy top knot and she is wearing no makeup reeling the bags under her eyes.

"Hello," I said awkwardly crossing my arms self-consciously.

"Go away," she growled coldly.

"No, we need to talk," I stated raising my voice slightly.

"What if I don't want to?" she challenged looking up from her phone properly, you could easily tell she's been crying and I couldn't help the pang on guilt I felt because of it. It was my fault, if only I had reacted differently we wouldn't be needing to have this conversation right now. Instead I messed up and was a horrible friend because of it.

"We have to sort things out," I responded searching for the right words. Maybe I should have planed more ahead but I'm here now and I have to do this no matter how hard it is.

"Sort what out Addison! The way that I have feelings for you? Or the way that I made a fool of myself for thinking that maybe there was a slight chance you actually liked me like that? And I'm such an idiot for thinking that the girl I've been in love with since we were little would like me!" April shouted.

I looked at her perplexed by what she had said. She's in love with me? I have no idea what to say. My mouth keeps on opening and closing so much I probably look like a fish right now; trying to find any words that would work.

"Wow..." Out of all the words in the world my mind could only come up with wow. I'm mentally hitting myself with how stupid and selfish I'm being.

"P-Please now you know how I feel go," she cried.

"O-okay," I stuttered walking out the door.

Taking a deep breath when I'm out her bedroom I look back in through the small gap in the door. She now has the music that she had paused back on. I can't just leave.

"In fact I'm not okay," I say walking back in "This isn't going to get any better if we don't talk."

"Fine. Talk," April responded bluntly.

"I would like it if we could all stay friends," I said shyly looking at her pleadingly, this friendship can't be over.

"I'm sorry Addison but I just can't be friends with you," April said looking down in her lap "It would be too hard."

"Okay, I-I understand," I replied walking out the room and shutting the door behind be. Once it had shut I whispered "Goodbye April."

Walking downstairs her Mum led me out the door not asking what had gone on. I'm guessing she could see something was wrong by the tears threatening to spill out my eyes.

***

I walked up to my room when I got home finally letting the tears out. This is an end of one of my longest friendships.

-----

I hope you enjoyed this part, I will try and upload the next one sooner.

:)