Strike A Deal

Viola's POV

"You can't have my soul." I say in a flat tone as he looks at me in bewilderment.

"What am I, a masochist?" He says, and chuckles at his own joke. I frown.

"What could you possibly get from me that you couldn't get from anyone else? I don't know much about magic- I just read the spell and this happened- I didn't know if it'd actually work." I say, shivering as his eyes take over me. It's like a predator stalking its prey- and I'm temporarily dazed.

"Well, it worked. That must mean you have some type of magic in you." He rubs his chin and stares at me intently, like he's confused about something. "I just can't figure out what kind of magic it is." He finishes. I grin and stretch out my palms. I'm not hesitant to do this- in fact, I feel quite bold. Not threatened by the fact that I'm showing a demon just exactly what makes me who I am.

"Ice magic. I get it from my dad." I say proudly as he reaches his hand out to touch my palm, I pull my hands away quickly- narrowing my eyes at him.

"What do you want? What will make you say yes to my request?" I ask in a hushed whisper, nervous to be actually going through with this. He straightens out, pulling his hand away. I'm slightly taken aback by his tall height and masculine scent. I want to breathe it in more deeply, but that would be creepy. Sniffing the air just to smell whatever his cologne is- what am I, a dog?

"I want you." He says, red eyes glimmering as my stomach drops.
"For six months- I want you to be at my service."

"Woah, at least buy me dinner first." I joke, trying to add to his, but I'm met with silence.
I scan his face- looking for any trace of humor, but there isn't any. Face set in stone, I tremble.

"And what would I be doing for six months?" I ask, feeling skeptical at the thought of someone as powerful as him needing or even wanting someone like me at his beck and call. Doing what? Collecting souls and putting them in a barbecue pit? Collecting taxes from poor people and then pocketing it for himself?

          "I'm actually a very holy person." I lie, lifting my chin at him. He gives me a wicked grin and puts his finger to tilt my chin up a bit more.

         "We both know that's a lie- or else I wouldn't be here right now." He whispers, eyes turning black for a second before going back to his glowing red stare. I slowly lean back and play with my fingers.

        "Six months at my service. That's what I want in return." He states, straightening out to his tall stature. Still not telling me what I'd be doing for six months- He takes off his jacket and folds up his sleeves from his white button up shirt. Tattoos litter his arms on every inch- deals that he's made, I'm willing to bet. I stare at some of them- some with skulls, some with daggers, and some are just a type of language that I couldn't understand.

         He holds out his arm in my direction, and I stare at a blank spot on his wrist. Soon, a beautiful inky black rose forms itself on the blank spot, his veins turning a black color.

          "When you accept the conditions- you will get an identical one. I'm not one to rush, so I'll give you time to think of any more conditions that you'd like to add." His eyes sparkle deviously as he pulls his arm away. I start to squirm under his stare.

            "Choose what you'd like to add to this deal wisely." He murmurs, and then retreats to the fireplace. He stares at the flickering fire, and before I can utter any more words- the fire flickers, and he's gone. Like he was never here in the first place, everything was back to the way that it was. The only thing left was the scent of cologne and the drawing of him on the page.

My heart thumps in my chest as I scan the drawing- admiring his handsome features. And then, as if repulsed by my actions, I slam the book shut and shove it back underneath my bed.

Maybe if I pretend that I never opened it then I won't remember this encounter? I'm lying to myself and I know it.

How could I forget that malicious grin, his sparkling fangs- and his deadly red eyes that went black; even if it was just for a second? His taunting stare and smooth voice was etched into my memories, and I knew that I'd think of him until the morning. I just hoped that dad wouldn't notice any difference in me by breakfast time- or else he'd try to squeeze it out of me like some type of liar detector.

          This wasn't some stupid teen crush- this was business. This was something that would change my life forever- and I knew it. I knew it would before I even summoned him. Why did I still go through with it? My curiosity would be the death of me.

          I sigh and lay down on my lavender sheets, inhaling his smell one last time before trying to lull myself to sleep- and still, he made his way onto my mind.

        "Happy anniversary, sweetheart." His voice echoed in my mind. I knew that I'd be embarrassed all night long- and yet there was some port of me that grinned sheepishly and hugged the sheets.

           This was the first exciting thing that happened to me since I was taken by my father as a newborn. Doing things of free will wasn't so bad after all. Maybe my dads warnings weren't necessary- maybe I'd be fine.

        Yeah, he's a demon- but did he trick me into anything?

          And yet, there's this smart part of me that makes me frown. This part of me that's whispering to myself all the things that could go wrong.

            "Yeah, he didn't trick me." I mutter, turning in my sheets.

           "Not yet." I say, forcing myself to clear my mind so that I'd be able to catch a couple hours of sleep before my dad woke me up.

          Today was going to be a long day.

             A long and exciting day.