thirty-three

Jade. Kennedy.

I peered up into her dark brown eyes, they held a fire like ball of anger in them. It was like someone told her that her favorite white channel bag had been stolen or ripped up by her dog.

"Tell your guard dog to leave my brother alone." She said pointing one of her red manicured claws in my face as the other was stabbing into my arm, tightly keeping me in place, squashed up into the blue locker.

"W-What do y-you mean?" I asked honestly, as I didn't have a single clue on what she was talking about.

"He attacked my brother yesterday at school, he beat him up right in front of the whole school! He even broke his nose and left him with a swollen eye, which is tots ugly." She said digging her nails in deeper to my arm.

I had no words. 

I wanted to speak and stand up for myself but I couldn't seem to get the words out of my mouth, it was like they were stuck in quicksand, going further and further away being lost and never heard.

"Ugh you're so pathetic, I truly don't understand why Ryder even bothers with you." Jade says rolling her eyes and examines her nails suddenly seeming bored.

"She's right." One of her minions says from behind her.

"Of course, I am idiot." Jade scoffs and then brings her attention back to me.

"You wouldn't be able to survive without him. He's letting you live in his house for free, eating his food for free. You're just using him and its pathetic." She says harshly.

"I'm not using him; I would never do that." I say finally finding the words and spitting them at her.

"You are, you're a liar! He's paying for pretty much everything you need and want. I don't get how he doesn't see what you're doing, you're not pretty your actually quite the opposite and there's nothing special about you!" She spits out again as the bell goes.

She gives me one last menacing look that could cause anyone to drop into a six-foot-deep hole.

She then struts away probably to her next class with her minions following closely behind her one on each side of her.

I slowly slide myself down the wall of lockers, I ignore the painful sting of the hinges scrapping against my back and the throbbing sensation on my arm where Jade had imbedded her red pointed nails.

A tear falls down my check as Jades words bounce around in my head.

'You're not even pretty.'

'You're just using him.'

'Your pathetic.'

'I truly don't understand why Ryder even bothers with you.'

Her words hurt me but it got me thinking, maybe their true.

It's true I live at Ryder's pretty much for free, never once have I paid for anything, wether it's rent, food or any type of payment.

It's true I'm not pretty, I'm covered in scars their either on my wrists or on my shoulders, back or legs from my father, yeah most of them are faded but they are still there.

I know I'm pathetic, I've know that since mom died, my dad made that pretty clear.

I whipped my tear stained cheeks and took a deep breath. I got up and walked over to my locker and grabbed out my books for the class that I've already pretty much half missed.

Classes went by slowly until it was lunch time, I decided that I wasn't going to eat, that I wasn't hungry, so I made my way out to the front of the school where there were at least one or two picnic tables.