14

Rosanna awoke in the early rays of sunshine. It glowed yellow through the curtains of the hotel room. Right. That happened. Rosanna said to herself and sighed. She gained her bearings and wiped the sleep from her eyes. Turning over her eyes met Alex who was still fast asleep.

He was facing on his side toward her and was sleeping peacefully with his lips slightly parted and his usually combed back dark hair laid in a tousle.

Rosanna couldn't help but watch him. Studying his features as he laid peacefully beside her. He looked beautiful. His face defined by the golden morning light. Her eyes travelled over his closed eyes, his thick black eyelashes and his angular eyebrows. His forehead wasn't creased like it would frequently when he was awake. Her eyes followed down his defined nose and strong jawline and cheekbones and finally ended at his lips. He had a fuller bottom lip than his top and it was heavily coloured in the center but became lighter as it reached the edges.

She felt like she was staring too long but she couldn't look away. He looked so effortlessly peaceful. Rosanna had seen Alex's face so many times but now felt like she'd never paid enough attention to it.

Resisting the urge to touch his cheek, she brushed the hair out of his face. She was so thankful for him. No one else would go to the extent of getting a hotel room for her just so she could get the space she needed. No one else would comfort her the way he would. No one else would drop everything for her like he did. She really couldn't thank him enough. If only Andy treated me like this.

"Stop looking at me love, you're making me self conscious," Alex murmured, keeping his eyes shut.

"Oh shut up," Rosanna said and playfully rolled her eyes, hitting his arm.

Alex managed a tired chuckle and began to stretch. He yawned and buried his face in his pillow. He groaned at the idea of waking up and tried falling back to sleep.

  "Why'd you always wake up so early?" Alex groaned.

  "It's a habit," Rosanna yawned and rolled onto her stomach. She poked his arm. "Get up."

  "No," Alex groaned through the pillow.

  "Alex," Rosanna whined and poked him again. "Get up, let's get food."

  "In three hours love," Alex said.

  "Get up Alexander," Rosanna said and whacked one of her legs on top of him.

  Alex groaned and rolled onto his back. "Fine," he mumbled and forced himself to sit up. He ran a hand through his hair lazily and looked down at Rosanna who was still sprawled on the bed. Her dark hair fanned around her head and her eyes were smudged dark from yesterday's makeup. Regardless, she looked beautiful to him.

"What do 'y wanna eat?" Alex yawned.

Rosanna shrugged and turned on her side. "Lets go somewhere. I don't want to go back just yet."

Alex nodded. "'Aight. Better get yer arse up then," he teased and tapped her leg.

She lifted it off him allowing him to stand up and get out of bed. He stretched his arms above his head, the small sliver of expose skin from his risen shirt catching Rosanna's eye briefly.

Rosanna groaned and sat up. Trudging to the bathroom she took one look at herself and groaned. "I look like shit," she said out loud.

  "No you don't," Alex called back in an almost sing-song voice.

  "Yes I do," Rosanna called back, mimicking his tone. She tried wiping off as much of the smudged makeup as she could and combed her hair with her fingers, putting it up in a messy ponytail. She slipped her sunglasses on and exited the bathroom.